"Cokebottle" grips

PDA

Maia007
March 31, 2011, 11:07 PM
We're talking wood boot grips for a J frame. I would like to get some grips that have the "cokebottle" profile. In other words, they have the extra thickness at the midriff.

I have some made by Esmeralda that measure 1 1/4 inch in thickness at the thickest part and have two finger grooves. I like these quite a lot and may well get another pair.

I also have nicely made similar grips by Ahrends that are less thick (1" at the thickest part) that lack the hand-filling feel of the Esmeraldas. I don't like these quite as well, although I will find a good use for them. The extra thickness in the cokebottle profile really makes the difference for me.

For those of you who understand what I am looking for, can you recommend another maker(s) who also offers the "cokebottle" pattern in wood boot grips?

If you enjoyed reading about ""Cokebottle" grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about ""Cokebottle" grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!