Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine...

PDA

RidgwayCO
April 1, 2011, 03:12 PM
I noticed that the local pawn shop has a 7-1/2" Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine available on consignment for $450. It's in very good shape, with just a little holster wear at the muzzle. I've read about them but have never actually held one in my hands before. What do you all think is a reasonable price for one of these?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CraigC
April 1, 2011, 03:30 PM
That's a little steep for a used one, new guns are in that range.

sixgunner455
April 1, 2011, 03:33 PM
Are they still make new Blackhawks in .30 carbine?

RidgwayCO
April 1, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks CraigC, you're right. Looks like a NIB can be had for $450 or less. Good to know! I forgot to add that this one is a three screw old model. Does that make a big price difference?

Arkansas Paul
April 1, 2011, 03:37 PM
What do you all think is a reasonable price for one of these?

A local Little Rock shop has them brand new for $449. I doubt I'd give more than $375 for a used one, and it would have to be immaculate for that. Otherwise, why not buy new?

rcmodel
April 1, 2011, 03:45 PM
this one is a three screw old model. Does that make a big price difference?Would to me.
I'd pay more for an old model in like condition.

I much prefer the better trigger possible on an old three-screw to the transfer bar safety & white-nuckle pull on the new models.

Of course you give up the ability to carry a round under the hammer. But hey!
It's a single-action five-shooter anyway!

rc

CraigC
April 1, 2011, 04:06 PM
I agree with rcmodel, I'll always prefer the Old Model with its traditional action over the transfer bar equipped New Models. I'd still try to get it for less money though, these aren't exactly highly collectible. I'd be comfortable with $375-$400 if it's a nice one.

DammitBoy
April 1, 2011, 04:16 PM
I got mine at a gunshow - new model used, in great shape for under $300

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!