Floridians: When SB 234 Passes....

PDA

Packman
April 1, 2011, 10:02 PM
What will you do?

Let's presume that HB 517 and SB 234 both pass as currently written and are signed into law. Open carry is now permitted: How will you approach it?

Presuming you have a desire to carry openly, how long will you wait to do so? Will you commence immediately, or would you prefer to wait for a test case?

What actions will you take after passage? I expect, for example, that there will be little issue in Daytona Beach (My current location) as I know StogieC has spent a large amount of time working with the local Police on various open carry events. Thus, they're already familiar with the practice, and less likely to have a gross overreaction.

In my home County of Sarasota, however, I predict greater resistance and harrassment from the Police. It's a far more strict and uppity County than Volusia. Thus, prior to carrying openly in that county, I think some judicious phone calls to the city/county police may serve to cut off some trouble ahead of time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Floridians: When SB 234 Passes...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fred Fuller
April 2, 2011, 12:00 AM
Moved to Legal from ST&T...

lpl

If you enjoyed reading about "Floridians: When SB 234 Passes...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!