Blaser Combination guns

PDA

Eukatae
April 2, 2011, 11:44 AM
I am buying a Blaser Combo gun and would love to get some feedback from anyone with experience with Blaser, como guns, or just some good ideas.

They are a bloody fortune but I have wanted a combo gun since I was a kid and Blaser seems to be the only folks making them. They make two models that appeal to me:

The S2 (http://www.blaser-usa.com/S2-Side-by-Side.99.0.html?&L=0\\\%22%20onfocus%3D\\\%22blurLink%28this%29%3B) and the B97 (http://www.blaser.de/B95-B97-Shotgun-Rifles.97.0.html?&L=1)

I already ordered and paid for the b97 in 12ga/308 but it's not to late to change my order.

I am a farmer and I spend a lot of time on horse back and on foot managing my herd, checking fences and that sort of thing.

I get land owner game permits, and have plentiful grouse, pheasant, quail, chuckers, cotton tail, white tail deer, elk, and the occasional moose. My fair share of varmints as well that do damage to my sheep herd and on occasion my cattle,

I ordered the Blaser saddle scope mount but I hate the iron sights on the thing, the sight radius is half of what it could be and I just don't get why they did that. The are great for shot but completely inadequate for a rifle. I would really like to find a nice tang peep sight like a marble but don't know if there are any that would fit.

I intend to have a saddle scabbard made for it so the S2 my be a bit wide.

Edit to add:

The reason a tang peep seems so appropriate is for quick service with both the shot and rifle I can't leave a scope mounted as the shot barrel would be useless. In most cases mounting the scope would take longer than I have. A tang sight would give me great flexibility for accurate rifle fire without impeding my field of view for use of the shot barrel. Also it would fit nicely into a saddle scabbard and I wouldn't have to worry about batteries or fumbling to turn it on.

If you enjoyed reading about "Blaser Combination guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DM~
April 3, 2011, 11:35 AM
They are well made guns but on the expensive side. Some models have to be recocked EVERY time you open the action, and i don't like that. I MUCH prefer the Krieghoff system, they stay cocked until you uncock them.

Another combo gun that's VERY accurate and of good quality are the Valmet 412's. They have been replaced with the Tikka 512, but i much prefer the Finish made Valmet 412's, and you can buy them in 12/308 along with many other combinations.

One thing about the 412's is, you can buy a bunch of different bbls, like 0/U 12's or 20's or even double rifle bbls, and they are easily fitted to any 412 receiver! Valmet also has a quick attach scope mount for the 412's.

Anyway, welcome to the combo world!

DM

If you enjoyed reading about "Blaser Combination guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!