Can anyone identify this one?

PDA

mpolk
April 3, 2011, 01:45 PM
Can anyone identify this one? I know its rough but I have a customer that wants to know and all I have is this picture. Thanks!

http://www.greenlawnsports.com/revolver.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone identify this one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Molasses
April 3, 2011, 02:04 PM
Some kind of Bulldog. Without proofmarks and other markings, that's as far as I can go. Somebody else might be willing and able to go farther based on familiarity with the lines of the piece.

mpolk
April 3, 2011, 02:08 PM
I understand. I am at a loss with only this to go on. Thanks for the help

Oyeboten
April 3, 2011, 02:29 PM
Looks like a typical latter 1800s Belgian rendering/plagerism/copy of the erstwhile 'Webley' British 'Bull Dog' type Revolver, chambering possibly a dimensional equivelent of the .38 S & W Cartridge.

They ( the British Make ones, and, the Belgian copies ) were very popular in several Calibres in their day...both in Europe and in the Americas...ranging from .32 Calibre to .50 Calibre.

One in this condition, and in this Calibre, if all the parts are present and correct, would tend to change hands for a couple hundred dollars at most, ( but likely less ) if it is mechanically good.

The Webley or other British Maker 'Bull Dogs', of course tend to change hands for more...but condition is always important and poor condition lowers the value which would be assigned, of course.

The Hammer seen on the example shown, appears unusually crude even for a poor copy, and, may be a home made replacement.

KodiakBeer
April 3, 2011, 02:33 PM
It's almost a ringer for a British Bulldog, which did come in .38. However, the hammer is wrong.

It's probably a Spanish or Belgian copy.

dnovo
April 3, 2011, 03:17 PM
Agree with the last two posts

mpolk
April 3, 2011, 04:16 PM
Thank ya'll so much for the info. I'll let him go from there. Thanks again

Ron James
April 3, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm positive that if the cylinder is remove, on the face of the clyinder you will find an oval or circle with the letters ELG and will it be surmounted by a crown.

KodiakBeer
April 4, 2011, 02:47 PM
It could be a genuine Bulldog with a hammer replaced by bubba.

Jim K
April 4, 2011, 08:09 PM
In truth, it is a rare gun made by the Societe de Junque, in Lowbar, Belgium, in 2652 AUC. Its value can only be calculated in Zyzzyszistanian dinars which are worth even less than U.S. dollars, if that is possible.

Jim

mpolk
April 4, 2011, 08:19 PM
LOL

savit260
April 4, 2011, 08:25 PM
One in this condition, and in this Calibre, if all the parts are present and correct, would tend to change hands for a couple hundred dollars at most, ( but likely less ) if it is mechanically good.

I'd say in that condition, given prices of similar stuff locally $75 would be "all the money" .

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone identify this one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!