Anybody seen a Taurus 24/7 yet?

PDA

Tropical Z
January 9, 2004, 03:58 PM
Or held or shot one? They kind of look like a P99 to me.Im betting the real world price will be around $400.00.I wonder if there are any "normal" capacity mags that will fit them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody seen a Taurus 24/7 yet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rhinodogg
January 9, 2004, 04:09 PM
There's one listed on Gun Broker. He has it for $469.00. I didn't think these were out yet? After owning a PT-111 (sold today :cool: ), I'd be afraid of the DAO trigger.

George Hill
January 9, 2004, 04:41 PM
Is the seller named Phil?

SouthpawShootr
January 9, 2004, 04:42 PM
This gun looks to be a Millenium Pro with a slightly different grip, longer barrel, and an accessory rail. I certainly wouldn't pay more than the going price for a Millenium Pro (my dealer had one in the case about a month ago for $349).

Navy joe
January 9, 2004, 04:49 PM
Played with one yesterday. Just another cookie cutter plastic gun. No interest.

Lennyjoe
January 9, 2004, 08:18 PM
http://www.taurususa.com/imagesMain/H_24740B.jpg

Tropical Z
January 9, 2004, 09:07 PM
Heres the above photo i processed so the controls can be seen a little better.

George Hill
January 9, 2004, 09:16 PM
You know, I'm sure its a fine and totally competent autoshucker...
It's just not inspiring.
If your in the market, maybe it's an option. It's just not something I'd go out of my way to check out.
Does it take Beretta 92 mags or some weird mag? Are those ugly sights able to get swapped out? That rubber thing around the grip... is that mandatory? How is the trigger? is it a 5 inch at 25 shooter, or 3?
I'm just not seeing myself getting one.
Ever.

Badger Arms
January 9, 2004, 11:29 PM
http://www.taurususaphotos.com/new100703/pt24-7ss.jpg

If you REALLY want to see an up-close photo, go to the link above. It's huge, but you can see every nook and cranie of the gun.

Taurus has tried several times to get their Millinium pistols to work. They started with a bastardized KelTec design and crossed it with a Baby Browning striker system and then added a little of thier own malfunction dust to get the original design to be LESS reliable than the parent gun. Go figure. I really think the basic design has come a long way and the newest Millinium Pro pistols are marvelous weapons. The thing is, you don't take a good gun and simply upsize it and expect that the genetically mutated child is going to be as good as it's parent pistol. I haven't seen one, but I'll be sure to pick one up at the SHOT show. Who knows, I might like it.

Lennyjoe
January 10, 2004, 12:01 AM
It almost looks like a PT911 slide on a polymer frame. Im not really interested in one of these.........yet.

Dorian
January 10, 2004, 03:07 AM
I actually think that pistol LOOKS pretty darned good.....

Now if only it wasn't a taurus(hey... I don't like em!) :)

liliysdad
January 10, 2004, 04:00 AM
From the dealers I talked to, and even a couple of LEO Armorers, Taurus reps are shooting for the mainstream duty weapon market, gunning for Glock and Sig. I like Taurus as a rule, but I dont see this happening anytime soon. They might have a chance with small, low budget PDs, but even that would be tough with the massive discounts Glock Offers.

Rhinodogg
January 11, 2004, 09:24 AM
I don't have a problem with Taurus. I have a PT-92 and a PT-101, which are great guns. I had a PT-111, which I could have loved too, if not for that plastic piece of crap they call a trigger. I'm interested in checking the 24/7 out. If decent, I wouldn't mind having one.

wally
January 11, 2004, 09:52 AM
What's wrong with the PT-111 trigger?

It's true double action, meaning unlike a Glock or a Kahr you can get a second hit on a hard primer.

I bought it because I have a thing for guns that are "small" for their caliber, I'd never carry it over my Kahr PM40 (significantly smaller) or Kimber Ultra Carry (always my first choice but often a bit too big to hide), but fact of the matter is I hit much better with the PT-111 that I do my Glock 17.

The trigger on my PT-111 stacks up nicely to the point it feels almost like two stages -- cocked, then fire almost as crisp as a SA with a little for pressure. I just can't develop a feel for whn the Glock trigger is gonna break (Not confied to model 17, I also have the same trouble with my Glock 21).

Too early to tell how well the PT-111 will hold up but its gobbled up about 400 rounds of Wolf 115gr FMJ and Silver Bear 145gr JHP without a problem of any kind.

I've no intrest in the 24/7 as its too big.

As a gun that will be carried much more often than its shot I'd not hesitate to recommend the current production Milleniums to someone on a budget. OTOH maybe its a fluke and I got the best one ever made :-)

--wally.

PCRCCW
January 11, 2004, 03:53 PM
From what Ive seen regarding this guns trigger and the NEW PT poly guns Taurus offers.....the triggers are MUCH better than their previous guns.

Tamara played with one and remarked at how nice the trigger was.

Shoot well.

SouthpawShootr
January 11, 2004, 04:27 PM
I handled a 24/7 at a gunshow today. I can't remember a new design that I was less impressed with. It was as I assumed - just an upscaled Millenium Pro with a recontoured grip and accessory rail. I definitely do not like the grip and it doesn't appear that they are easily replaceable. As George Hill said it's not inspiring.

Rhinodogg
January 11, 2004, 06:36 PM
I had the original PT-111, so maybe the pro's are much better. My trigger was terrible. Extremely long pull and very gritty. It never had a malfuction, and it was fairly accurate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody seen a Taurus 24/7 yet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!