S&W Autos: Convert DA/SA to DAO Possible?

PDA

Higgins
January 9, 2004, 03:10 PM
Is it possible/feasible to convert a S&W semi-auto pistol from DA/SA to DAO? I'm interested in something like the Model 3913 in DAO.

Thanks for any insight or experience with such things.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Autos: Convert DA/SA to DAO Possible?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WT
January 9, 2004, 03:42 PM
Yes, it can be done. You will then have a Model 3953. S&W or an authorized S&W gunsmith can do it for you.

Erich
January 9, 2004, 11:16 PM
You'll need a new slide, for instance (the DAO slides are a little longer in the back - IIRC the 3953 shares the same slide part as my 6946).

Grog
January 13, 2004, 07:38 PM
http://www.tarnhelm.com/services/services.html

Revolver or Double Action Auto Converted To Double Action Only Gun cannot be thumb-cocked. Protects against civil liability accusations that your gun was "negligently cocked" when criminal suspect was shot (i.e. Florida vs. Officer Luis Alvarez, the highly publicized "video arcade killing trial.") This modification does not include bobbing the hammer spur. $35.00

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Autos: Convert DA/SA to DAO Possible?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!