Bought a Beretta

PDA

michiganfan
January 9, 2004, 07:44 PM
Had a chance to buy a Beretta 96 FS with four ten round mags for $350. O happy me. I know I'm lousy with a camera.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought a Beretta" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skunkabilly
January 9, 2004, 07:55 PM
www.langdontactical.com

Thank me later ;)

michiganfan
January 9, 2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks Skunky did I do good?

Skunkabilly
January 9, 2004, 08:31 PM
Mags are like $30 a pop over the counter. Hell yeah you did good, unless the thing is falling apart!!!!

:cool:

PS your dingus is down :eek:

George Hill
January 9, 2004, 09:11 PM
You did great.
:D

cool45auto
January 9, 2004, 09:43 PM
$350:eek: You did good!

michiganfan
January 9, 2004, 09:44 PM
Love this board. The only positive reinforcement I ever get is here.

ChuckB
January 9, 2004, 11:27 PM
Michiganfan- you're going to love that Beretta. It's one fine pistol. Do a field strip, clean it and lube it (before you go to the range). MIne is pretty accurate, and it feeds about every load I've put into it short of a tuna can (haven't tried that- yet).

Try www.berettaforum.net

Chuck, who says GO BLUE!

FireInTheHole
January 9, 2004, 11:45 PM
Good! Now go buy some wally world value packs and feed it!($15/100!!)

9mmepiphany
January 10, 2004, 01:46 AM
very nice indeed...

a tripl to langdon at LTT will make the beretta really sing. i can highly recommend the level 2 trigger job with his speed bump trigger. the extended mag release and the hex head grip screws

by the way...there is no FS model of the 96.
the model with the slide mounted decocker/safety is the 96.
the 96D is DAO and has no lever.
the 96G's lever is a decocker only

Skunkabilly
January 10, 2004, 03:00 AM
Ixnay on the exhay ewscrays unless you always carry Allens to the angeray :) The slotted ones are just soooo much more convenient to work with...well cuz I carry a Leatherperson :p

Just something to keep in mind.

FireInTheHole
January 10, 2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah, but the standard screws are really easy to mar if you are in a hurry.:banghead:

And if you want original stainless, beretta wants $12 for each replacement screw.:cuss:

meathammer
January 12, 2004, 06:41 PM
Great choice michiganfan! I own it's twin brother. You got a better deal, though. Enjoy!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought a Beretta" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!