Daisy model 25 BB gun power spring

PDA

flightsimmer
April 5, 2011, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know if you can install a stronger spring in the model 25 pump action BB gun? It is said that the older guns were more powerful and I would guess that they are now using a little weaker spring and if possible I would like to replace my new model 25 spring with a little stronger one. I have a new service manual and operation manual to work with.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

If you enjoyed reading about "Daisy model 25 BB gun power spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Millwright
April 5, 2011, 07:57 PM
First you need the specs for those older springs.....i.e. wire size, coil rate, even alloy....Then there's the question if the mfg didn't alter the design specs of other parts to circumvent the type of mod you envision...... >MW

deputy tom
April 5, 2011, 08:34 PM
I can't comment on replacement springs but my 25 + year old model 25 will shoot thru a heavy guage trash can at ten feet without any trouble.tom.

flightsimmer
April 5, 2011, 09:23 PM
[quote] I can't comment on replacement springs but my 25 + year old model 25 will shoot thru a heavy guage trash can at ten feet without any trouble.tom.

[reply] That's what I mean, the new ones are not that strong, probably because of lawyers.

10mm,when you care enough to send the very best.

If you enjoyed reading about "Daisy model 25 BB gun power spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!