Jammed adjustment rings on my scope = HALP!

PDA

Crimper-D
January 25, 2003, 09:41 PM
Through an incredible run of serindipity, I managed to find a 99%
UNERTL 2" 24X Target Scope :D Complete with lens caps and Posa Mounts. That 26" long sucker bolted right on my Winchester 52B - thereby increasing the weight of the whole package to about 12.5lbs!Finally got my benchrest rimfire gun:neener: !
Only one lil problem:fire: The threads on the parralax adjustment rings are frozen SOLID! = The scope is permenently set at 50 yds and shoots astonishingly small groups at that distance, but 25yds...50ft. = FORGET IT! :banghead:

Any suggestions on how to bust this set of rings loos without marring that beautiful instrument would be greatly appreciated, especially what tools to use:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Jammed adjustment rings on my scope = HALP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pistolsmith
January 26, 2003, 05:30 AM
Get one of the new Sears Craftsman rubber strap wrenches. But, I allus thot 50 feet and fifty yards were identical settings; they were on my 513 with iron sights.

mete
January 26, 2003, 06:50 AM
Put a bit of penetrant on the threads and wait 24 hours before you use that strap wrench.

Crimper-D
January 27, 2003, 04:24 PM
Went out to Sears and bought one of the rubber strap wrenches ($9) and it WORKED! :D Everything's in working order and properly lubed up now. ;) Old/new scope it had been stored for about 40yrs - a wonder the blueing finish was intact, but those fine, fine threads:uhoh: It wasn't rust that was jamming the threads - it was dust:eek:
Thanks again......................:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Jammed adjustment rings on my scope = HALP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!