PDA

zombie44
April 10, 2011, 08:51 PM
Are there other popular special runs of S&W's besides:

Jovino
Magnaport
Lew Horton
Talo

And are these particular models usually worth the extra premium in price? Does Ruger and Colt have special edition models as well?

If you enjoyed reading about "Special Edition S&W's Q's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mmitch
April 11, 2011, 08:04 PM
Yes.
No.
Yes.

Mike

Old Fuff
April 11, 2011, 10:00 PM
Smith & Wesson, Colt, and Ruger have in the past and still continue to make runs of exclusive special models if a particular distributor will will pay for the entire lot. Depending on what they are, some increase in value over time while others don't. I would suggest that if you like a particular gun enough to pay a higher price, go ahead and buy it. If you are thinking in terms of an investment be far more careful.

UFG8R
April 11, 2011, 10:09 PM
I just got an amazing deal on a 360 Scandium Talo .357 at Buds. I'd going to change out the front sight for a XS bigdot though.

Mac2
April 11, 2011, 11:12 PM
I bought a Talo GP100 a couple of months ago. Curious as to what it was, I contacted Ruger, who said the gun (serial #) left Ruger in 2001 without grips. Went to Talo. I contacted Talo, they did the trigger, hammer and cyl release on 500 pieces. They also added the Ahrends grips. A trigger job was done somewhere along the way, and it is as smooth as my Colt DA's. I liked it because it was different. Wish I would have made it different, but I have to respect the one that did. I shoot it often (100 rounds today) and carry it. Cool and different piece.
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff424/macnsheila/IMG_3469.jpg?t=1302577783

RECIT
April 12, 2011, 01:26 PM
That GP100 Talo is beautiful. I love the grips w/ the Ruger logo. Priceless in my eyes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Special Edition S&W's Q's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!