Any Bridesburg 1863 Type 1 experts out there?

PDA

CHM
April 11, 2011, 01:30 PM
I recently acquired the above in excellent condition. I am looking for a source to define the stamps on the parts. For instance, there is a "w" stamped on the ramrod shaft. The lock parts are likewise stamped with w, p, and R. There are initials on the bottom of the barrel - G.A.W. as I recall and very small initials on the left side of the barrel, S.E.S. Any help is appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Bridesburg 1863 Type 1 experts out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maj Dad
April 12, 2011, 06:52 PM
If you don't hear from any of the guys here, try Culver's Shooting Pages ( http://www.jouster.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-Black-Powder ). There are a few collectors of these and similar weapons on there & you might get some more poop.

Sounds like a nice soldier. I had several ancestors in the WBTS and I have always wanted to come upon a nice rifle. Enjoy!

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Bridesburg 1863 Type 1 experts out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!