Ban Assault Clips (New Brady Campaign Vid) comment alternative

PDA

Downr@nge
April 12, 2011, 08:19 PM
The Crazy Brady Bunch uploaded a new Youtube vid about Banning Assualt Clips. Of course they disabled comments and ratings on their page so I uploaded it on one of my pages so everyone can comment and rate it.

Theirs: http://youtu.be/62Va-Ll2vKw

Mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BAhOWp9ezc

If you enjoyed reading about "Ban Assault Clips (New Brady Campaign Vid) comment alternative" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
April 12, 2011, 11:03 PM
While there may be another thread on the Brady BS, this idea to thwart their closing comments is a good idea.

Zundfolge
April 13, 2011, 12:01 AM
What do you want to bet that 99.99% of the people that actually see this video are either anti-gun activists or pro-gun activists. None of the fence sitters will see it.

kis2
April 13, 2011, 12:12 AM
Wow, don't think I've ever seen anything like that. That's some hardcore, misinformed, fear-based propaganda. Good call reposting with the ability to leave comments.

Angry face, evil black gun, target with pony tails, only rapid fire. That's an image straight out of the mind of someone who has never been to a range. The reality of the commercial is ridiculously flawed though, I mean look at his grip even.

The good news is if they ban assault clips, nothing that actually exists will have been banned.

sarduy
April 13, 2011, 03:08 AM
this was my response to that video.

The Brandy Campaign is a sick organisation showing girls and school kids as target silhouette in their anti-constitutional commercials. No gun owner have ever use such targets as their silhouette in my many years of shooting. Only mentally sick people as the Brandy campaign will resource to those disturbing images to promote FEAR and PANIC without respect for the victims, using lies for their own malicious benefis. If you really want to prevent gun violence start promoting gun safety, not lies.

gearjammer-2000
April 13, 2011, 03:50 AM
when they figure out the difference between a clip and a magazine I will start taking them seriously

The-Reaver
April 13, 2011, 04:06 AM
Its just nasty how people like that think... I don't understand it.

Davek1977
April 13, 2011, 05:54 AM
Wow, don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Typical Brady propaganda....they have NEVER let facts get in the way of their agenda, and typically use attempts to "scare' people into supporting them. The Brady Bunch, along with PETA, are terrorist organizations in my book, perpetually attacking a way of life I hold near and dear. On the bright side, attempting to air the ad may be the straw that broke the camel's back, as they are BROKE, and ad sapce....other than Youtube.... isn't cheap, especially in the markets in which such ads would be effective in...

coloradokevin
April 13, 2011, 06:07 AM
*** is an "assault clip" anyway? I like how these fools just create words to promote their anti-gun agenda.

Gee... I always just thought that a magazine with a higher capacity allowed me to shoot for a longer period of time without reloading. I didn't realize that it would force me to kill a bunch of innocent people. I wonder if the Brady Bunch has any idea how quickly a skilled shooter can conduct a magazine change with a 10-rounder?

The term "high capacity magazine" always bothered me, too. A Glock 17 was designed to have a 17-round magazine as a standard feature. During the last AWB this magazine was suddenly treated like a special destructive device that was created by a devious killer with the express purpose of bathing the streets in blood. What a bunch of mindless propaganda.

As Davek already said, the Brady Campaign will never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

bbuddtec
April 13, 2011, 06:21 AM
They are creating their own hysteria, creating a false hidden society in the minds of the sheeple, kinda like the ATF forcing dealers to sell to known bad elements, thus creating "job security" for themselves.

Like the firemen who get caught setting fires.... Why aren't we as a society shutting this down? > delete <

Garand Man
April 13, 2011, 08:44 AM
Clip and magazines, two totally different critters for sure. Anti's don't sit well with me, they need to recognize they are not God.

archigos
April 13, 2011, 09:06 AM
The Brady Campaign to Promote Gun Violence really showed their true colors having somebody shoot at targets of little kids. Sick.
Honestly, the more I see of these people, the more I realize how very dark and twisted they are.

SN13
April 13, 2011, 09:35 AM
"Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person unconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others have those feelings" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Basically the Brady campaign would slaughter innocent people if given the chance so they think everyone else would too.

Dreamcast270mhz
April 13, 2011, 10:18 AM
On paper, a high capacity magazine ban would make sense, if thats what criminals were wanting. They don't care so much about magazine capacity as much as cheap, concealable handguns. The other fact is we need to get rid of 922r so I can import an SVD.

benEzra
April 13, 2011, 09:46 PM
On the bright side, attempting to air the ad may be the straw that broke the camel's back
Not to mention the fact that their over-10-round-ban campaign directly threatens a lot of people who don't own "assault weapons" and don't have CHL's, potentially motivating more and more apathetic gun owners into pro-RKBA activism. The majority of full-sized non-.45 pistols designed since 1930 use "assault clips" per the Bradyites...and a lot of people own them.

AlexanderA
April 14, 2011, 04:37 PM
The Bradyites are too clever by half. IMO, they aren't primarily after extended magazines on handguns (which are awkward and unwieldy, despite the isolated incident in Arizona). No, what they're really trying to ban are the standard 20- and 30-round magazines on "Evil Black Rifles." This is really an "Assault Weapons Ban" through the back door -- and this time, they don't intend to allow grandfathering of existing weapons. Face it, the 20- or 30-round magazine is what makes the EBR effective. Otherwise, it's just a glorified Remington Model 7400.

rcmodel
April 14, 2011, 04:49 PM
How the heck are you supposed to hold your assault pants up if they won't let you have assault clips on your assault suspenders?

An assault person would look pretty silly assaulting with their pants falling down every assault!

rc

springfield30-06
April 14, 2011, 04:55 PM
I mean look at his grip even.

I know, that's a dangerous spot for that thumb... check out the frame at 0:10

This is from the Brady's Facebook page, posted by the Brady moderator in rebuttal to a pro-gun guy named 'Ron' saying assault clip isn't the correct word: Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence: ‎@Ron, Ammunition magazines and clips are common nomenclature for the same thing.

I've noticed that a lot of pro-gun people post on the Brady Campaign's Facebook page. Their comments usually get deleted but I fear that by telling them how 'wrong' they are for using certain terms and pointing out that using these terms reduces their 'credibility' may actually help the Brady's by educating them.

NoobCannon
April 14, 2011, 05:42 PM
Oh Dear Lord....-_-

Honestly...I could say some things that aren't very high road, so I'll keep my trap shut.

Do you think these brady....things(if they think all of us gun owners are psychopathic, reckless murderers, I refuse to call them people), can mess up their own plans so much to push California back out of those archaic gun laws they have?

Reading the replies on the OP's second link....talk about shooting themselves in the foot. Gun control laws aren't needed. There are far more important things on the Government's plate right now. They don't need to try and take away our rights when they can't even agree on a budget plan.

I'm going to stop now....I don't want to fly any further off the handle.

keep up the good fight, until those Brady [censored] pack it in for good.

rajb123
April 14, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wow, the young male gun owner is obviously a crack shot!

I don't understand why one of the paper targets has pig tails.

Lord Teapot
April 15, 2011, 05:28 AM
i wonder why they disabled comments/ratings? could it be because they realize most americans don't support their position? in any case from my perspective the first step to banning guns is restricting their magazines, and the next step after banning guns is facism.

parapet
April 19, 2011, 07:28 AM
Ms. Brady has really outdone herself this time. That video treads the threshold of delusional paranoid psychosis. Do the Brady propagandists hear voices? As one with much-loved daughters and a granddaughter I take this one particularly personally. Is there any such thing as a defamation of character class action suit? Someone needs to put a short leash on that Brady puppy. Whether sane or otherwise we all know the mag ban is merely a means to an end.

Sediment
April 19, 2011, 08:37 AM
I didn't see this posted earlier but if it was I apologize, but here is the text of the bill submitted by McCarthy in NY for the "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device" ban.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:h.r.00308:

StrikeFire83
April 27, 2011, 06:44 PM
The Brady Bunch [is a] terrorist organization in my book...

The Brady Campaign is a lot of things: stupid, anti-freedom, anti-gun, anti-self defense, anti-responsibility, ill-informed, factually inaccurate.

But a "terrorist organization" ? Uh, nope. This is the same kind of sentiment being echoed by the left against the Tea Party movement. There's something that comes right before the 2nd Amendment, it's called the 1st Amendment and it allows people to say things, even REALLY STUPID THINGS, without being labeled as terrorists.

archigos
April 28, 2011, 01:07 AM
The Brady Campaign is a lot of things: stupid, anti-freedom, anti-gun, anti-self defense, anti-responsibility, ill-informed, factually inaccurate.

But a "terrorist organization" ? Uh, nope. This is the same kind of sentiment being echoed by the left against the Tea Party movement. There's something that comes right before the 2nd Amendment, it's called the 1st Amendment and it allows people to say things, even REALLY STUPID THINGS, without being labeled as terrorists.

Agreed. "Pro-crime" is a more accurate label.

hso
April 28, 2011, 01:57 AM
Let's keep to this on the high road or it will end up in a dead end. Simple minded oversimplification is the trademark of the emotional irrational appeals used by folks like BradyCampaign.

matt_borror
April 28, 2011, 02:06 AM
so now even
magazines kill people

pdionne03901
April 29, 2011, 12:05 PM
Who said the Brady people were terrorists? The point I was trying to make is that, by instituting Brady II, the government is trying to force more legislation that will impose more control over rights we are guaranteed by the Constitution, and in doing so, prevent us, or at least limit our ability to protect us from future attacks that the don't protect us from.

In any case, whether you agree or disagree with the Bill, it time we get more involved and let our elected representatives know how we feel.

Demarko
April 30, 2011, 07:10 AM
I've followed this forum for a little bit. That video offends me on so many levels. First, wouldn't his elbows give out and leave him missing his wrists with a magazine like that? Is this guys name Jason Bourne? Snap off shots like that, and not miss? Is he the Terminator instead?

This might bring up issues but... fact of the matter is... It only takes ONE bullet to kill (most) people (who aren't on PCP). Big magazines are for terrible shots. (In the situation described by the brady bunch)

Carl N. Brown
April 30, 2011, 07:41 AM
I'll repeat myself from other threads, this and other forums: our most prolific local murderer used a knife and baseball bat. We had a drug gang shooting with single shot shotguns. The problem is violent people no matter what they use.

I recall an ad that claimed that AWB ban-compliant AKMs would not shoot through a concrete block, but the pre-ban AKMs would. Even CNN exposed that demo as a fake (the pre-ban AKM was fired into the concrete blocks, the ban-compliant AKM was fired into the ground, and CNN exposed the fakery on the air. CNN! Hardly the gun rights friend.)

What's next, firing a .25 Raven at a gas tank rigged with model rocket igniters...on a school bus...loaded with nuns and orphans?

Carl N. Brown
May 1, 2011, 08:28 AM
CNN did "expose" the fakery. As I recall seeing it at the time, CNN was exposing fakery in a pro AWB demo put on by the Broward County sheriff's department.

The other view it seems is that CNN was covering their derrieres* by pointing fingers elsewhere. More here: THR May 2003 http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=23576

I am beginning to suspect the answer lies in the Geiko commercial question: "Does it take two to tango?" (There, it seems to me, it takes two to tango but only one to point a finger.)

The CNN/Broward Sheriff video is like all the prime time media promotion of the 1994 AWB using videos of machineguns blazing on full auto to segue into promotion of the AWB. (Josh Sugarmann of the National Coalition to Ban Handguns and Violence Policy Center famously declaring that the public is easily confused by the fact that semi-auto military rifles look like machineguns to help get the public used to bans on guns.)

Do the videos count as assault clips?

*Edited by author to remove link to wikipedia derierre article.

TempestP226
May 5, 2011, 05:11 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought perhaps they were just doing a poor re-enactment of the Men In Black shooting range scene. Could've sworn I saw some quantum physics books in there somewhere.

USAF_Vet
May 6, 2011, 05:26 PM
An assault person would look pretty silly assaulting with their pants falling down every assault!

Seems to me that a lot of thugs looks pretty silly doing just that. How many episodes of Cops have I seen someone fleeing from the police only to be thwarted by their baggy pants tripping them up?

Deadly assault clips? Terminology means nothing to fear mongers. And that is precisely who the Brady bunch are.

Basura Blanca
May 6, 2011, 10:57 PM
What do you want to bet that 99.99% of the people that actually see this video are either anti-gun activists or pro-gun activists. None of the fence sitters will see it.

Most likely.
However, by repeatedly linking to this video across the internet, "we" gun owners have unwittingly played the role of promoter for this dumb Brady PSA. One need only Google the title of the video to see the proof.

Not a big deal, but something to think about.

DWFan
May 7, 2011, 06:41 AM
The Brady Campaign described as terrorists? I wouldn't go so far as to say that.
However....
Any group with any political power concerning firearm's legislation that is currently giving all appearances of condoning the deliberate arming of known criminals, in my book, certainly qualifies as "accessories after the fact".
That is exactly what the Brady Campaign is doing at this time. They have used the shooting of Rep. Gifford in AZ as a rallying cry for their campaign against high capacity magazines and for ending private sales while, at precisely the same time, totally ignoring the actions of the DOJ and BATFE in allowing serious weapons to reach known drug smugglers, human trafficers and outright kidnappers and murderers that have resulted in the deaths of both US and Mexican citizens. The BATFE didn't just intentionally violate firearm's laws, they violated international treaty as well, and these people act blissfully ignorant of it. Not a single one of their political allies, Wassermann, McCarthy, Shumer, Feinstein, Clinton, et. al., has joined in to put pressure on the DOJ and BATFE to find out the truth concerning operations Gunrunner and Fast & Furious. To date, in fact, they have done their best to avoid the issue.
That is so beyond mere hypocrisy that it isn't funny. One madman with a pistol can generate the ire of these individuals, but nearly 1400 weapons placed in the hands of known criminals (two of which were found at the scene of a US Customs Agent's murder) doesn't even get a mention. Very strange if you consider just last year it was the exportation of firearms across the border that was used as a primary issue for the same legislation they are proposing now.

BTW, among the weapons that the BATFE "lost track of" (and still have no idea of their current location) are two fully functional .50 caliber Browning machine guns.

alsaqr
May 7, 2011, 10:21 AM
The bill is H. R. 308: The Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act. It has 107 co-sponsors and its probably not going anywhere. If the bill suddenly starts to pick up co-sponsors, e-mail your congressman.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-308

Ben86
May 7, 2011, 11:02 AM
Great idea to get around them disabling the comments and the ratings because they know at least 75% of America sees through their b.s. I left a comment on the second video anyway.

wow6599
May 7, 2011, 11:36 AM
Great idea to get around them disabling the comments and the ratings because they know at least 75% of America sees through their b.s. I left a comment on the second video anyway.

Ben86, you are 110% correct. I would love to have that same BS video up with ratings available.

rodneync
August 28, 2011, 11:38 PM
Here is the bill.
Voice your opinion.
https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr308

Mike1234567
August 29, 2011, 12:02 AM
"Assault clips"... I've never heard that one.

Ben86
August 29, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evil Black Assault Clips :eek:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Ben861/IMG_0213.jpg

Check out this "fact sheet" put up by the Brady Bunch: https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr308/docs/bradycampaign1/3

"They have been used in numerous mass shootings, including in Tucson, Virginia Tech, Fort Hood, and Columbine, but they are not useful for hunting or self-defense."

Not useful for hunting for self defense? Facts indeed. :rolleyes:

"New magazines containing more than 10 rounds were banned under the Federal Assault Weapons Act, but Congress did not renew the law in 2004, despite widespread support from over 70% of Americans.2 Now only 6 states and D.C. limit the capacity of magazines."

I promise you 70% of Americans have never supported this kind of legislation.

"Leading experts on gun policy have concluded that banning high-capacity magazines is a common-sense policy change that is likely to generate modest but important benefits to society at a very small cost, and so is worth doing.3"

I wonder who these "experts" are. They will be very modest benefits won't they?

CharlesT
August 29, 2011, 03:46 PM
The video has been removed.
Proof that you are getting to them :p

Mike1234567
August 29, 2011, 03:48 PM
^^^ Actually it was gone NLT yesterday morning.

zstephens13
August 29, 2011, 04:39 PM
"Sensible Gun Laws..."
Very funny...

gennro
August 29, 2011, 05:11 PM
Well it looks like banning all drugs has stopped people from getting them. I'm pretty sure banning magazines higher then 10 rounds is going to stop people from getting them also.

Shovelhead
August 29, 2011, 06:40 PM
My new sig line...... :neener:

Iramo94
August 29, 2011, 08:14 PM
I found it hilarious that the guy pulled out the big 32 round aftermarket magazine, but then ran out of ammunition after 17 (standard capacity) shots.
Darn! You beat me to it!! That was about the only thing that I could stomach of the whole video. They finally realized that Gadsten's design was just fine the way he made it, 17, no more, no less.

GMcBoozer
August 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
If they want to reduce gun violence, they should be promoting proper gun safety...

CountryUgly
September 20, 2011, 04:41 PM
http://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign . Since they won't let you post your opinion on youtube (kicking the 1st amend. out the door with the second i see) here is the link to their facebook page so we all can correct them in the error of their ways if you'd care to.

Ben86
September 22, 2011, 11:53 AM
Yes...I didn't even think about that. This will be fun. ;)

FourTeeFive
September 22, 2011, 01:26 PM
As a marketing professional I find the Brady Bunch's presentation of issues and "facts" to be laughable. I personally think that they are their own worst enemy.

aeriedad
September 22, 2011, 03:36 PM
You can post there once or twice, but after awhile their admins will dump all your comments and block you.

Inebriated
September 22, 2011, 04:06 PM
Then why not make a Facebook AGAINST the Brady Bunch, but instead of just posting things to troll 'em, we post things that prove them wrong. Sort of public education. Find every thing the Brady Bunch hits on, and show the truth (I know, we'll be busy getting EVERYTHING).

I think it'd work well. Just post it on various gun forums, have members join, and we will have double their members.

jscott
September 22, 2011, 05:30 PM
I just posted on their Facebook page. I don't expect the comment to last long. Nonetheless, if several people post than at least a few people might see the comments and perhaps contemplate the reality of gun control measures.

Konstantin835
September 22, 2011, 05:55 PM
I think public opinion is on our side here. On facebook the Brady page has 14,676 likes. The NRA on the other hand has 1,195,708 likes

feedthehogs
September 22, 2011, 06:03 PM
Waste of time. Nobody ever changed their mind about a conviction by reading a comment on a social network or online article. To have any chance of winning over a convert, said convert has to be engaged in a debate or education information with a question/answer format.

These types of responses to anti gun rhetoric are really just a lazy mans way out of putting leather to the sidewalk and spending time in the public trying to inform them properly. Some may think that guns shows are preaching to the choir, but in all my years there I don't think I ever came away from a gun show weekend without changing the attitude of at least one gun owner, hunter or tag along with a gun owner working an NRA booth.

The Brady center is more about money and donations than anything else. I had the opportunity to debate John Shanks from the Brady center on NPR out of Tampa after the assault weapons ban sunset.

Every argument out of his mouth I countered with real facts from law enforcement and pure logic and each time he hemmed and hawed around, had no rebuttal and the host kept going to the next topic rather than have dead air.

Yet they continue. Its all about the Benjamins. Forget the formal groups like in the other thread about the we hate HK. Go after individuals.

I challenge many of you to spend time at a gun show. Almost all shows have a volunteer type education booth. If they don't start one. When you get comfortable converting hunters who have no use for an AR, then go after the liberal gun haters.

jscott
September 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
Waste of time. Nobody ever changed their mind about a conviction by reading a comment on a social network or online article.

I'm not so sure that it is a waste of time. I wholeheartedly agree that we need to be engaging in the real world, but I wouldn't say that posting on social networks and/or online articles is useless. Keep in mind that the vast majority of people today get their information online or at least in non-traditional forms. Viewing posts and information online is a very valid way of reaching those with whom we may differ. I believe we even have some members here on THR that stumbled across this site when they were either on the fence or fairly anti-gun. They read some posts and started to think logically.

Like they like to say, "If we save even just one" than making a post or two to their Facebook page is well worth it.

FourTeeFive
September 22, 2011, 07:52 PM
We should be a bit careful here. Too much attention helps to legitimize their cause. They are a small minority fringe group and should be treated as such.

RustHunter87
September 22, 2011, 08:04 PM
thats right folks the ONLY use for bullets is shooting innocent human beings

gyvel
September 22, 2011, 09:02 PM
There was another video associated with the first where an "assault weapon," as defined by the female commentator, is designed to be "spray fired from the hip" (???) (whatever that is), and were designed to be used in "trench warfare." I really was unaware of the fact that AK 47s, M-16s, Mac 10s et. al. were used during the First World War.

garyh9900
September 22, 2011, 09:15 PM
http://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign . Since they won't let you post your opinion on youtube (kicking the 1st amend. out the door with the second i see) here is the link to their facebook page so we all can correct them in the error of their ways if you'd care to.
They are fairly quick about deleting your comments and blocking you from making future post on the page.

Iramo94
September 22, 2011, 10:51 PM
I really was unaware of the fact that AK 47s, M-16s, Mac 10s et. al. were used during the First World War.
They were there, just keep looking. ;)

Strykervet
September 22, 2011, 10:58 PM
Throw a monkeywrench in their plans, take a kid shooting.

Their arguement is entirely emotional based and that kind of arguement only holds sway with the ignorant. Of course logic and education best ignorance, hence take a kid (or even an anti) shooting. Whether or not they become firearms enthusiasts, they will forevermore look at the anti ads in the same ridiculous light that the rest of us do.

Taking kids shooting is very important. There need to be more kids out there at these ranges. A kid, a 10/22 and a huge box of ammo, and you can both have fun all day long, while providing an important education and life experience to boot. Bring the wife and make it a family outing!

This really is the best way to respond to drivel like this. Do it and let them know you do it; tell them for every propagandist ad they release, you will take so many kids shooting and teach them safe shooting and how sacred the 2A is.

If you don't have kids (who would have friends that would like to go shooting) then join the NRA and write a lot of letters. Do that too even if you have kids I guess. Talking about it on here is fine and all, but doing something about it is better.

I just joined NRA (I had to do it to join a local range, but meant to do it for years). I write lots of letters. I vote. I educate. I try to do my part.

Ash_J_Williams
September 23, 2011, 01:07 AM
Ben86, you are 110% correct. I would love to have that same BS video up with ratings available.

I can do that.

Here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4oPndM7JNs

If it gets deleted, I'll repost it.

Ben86
September 25, 2011, 11:18 PM
Ash's vid still works.

Fisherdave10
September 26, 2011, 02:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDvDk-_jP1k&NR=1

LOL I love this parody of their video. Hopefully it will stay up for a while.

wannabeagunsmith
September 26, 2011, 02:02 PM
I just love it how they always use the word "assault" to describe guns and other such things. "Assault rifles" Assault weapons" "Assault Clips"....and do those dumb ***** even know the difference between a clip and a magazine?! For God's sake, if you are going to try and ban something, you should at least know what the dang thing is called!

....How about "extended magazine"? that is what they are. Those dumb *****!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ban Assault Clips (New Brady Campaign Vid) comment alternative" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!