Golden Bear 7.62x39 Ammo?

PDA

CCBPES34
April 13, 2011, 09:11 PM
I'm considering getting a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39. AmmoToGo.com has 1000 rounds of Golden Bear 7.62x39 for $210! Anybody know of the quality of this ammo? Accuracy, FTFs, Damage to gun, etc. I've read that it's made in the same factory as Wolf, and that it's similar in quality to Wolf, too. At that price though, it seems kind of fishy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Golden Bear 7.62x39 Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jerkface11
April 13, 2011, 09:13 PM
It's better ammo than wolf. Same as Silverbear and Brownbear. But it has a brass washed case instead of zinc plated or lacquer.

Sebastian the Ibis
April 14, 2011, 12:03 AM
It's not a brass case it's a steel case that looks brass. Are you factoring that into the price?

I think all the Russian steel cased ammo is basically the same, with a slight nod to the non-lacquered stuff since it is easier to clean. It is all coming out of the same half dozen military factories: Tula, Ulyanovsk, Vympl, Novisbirsk and a couple others I cannot remember. I don't know if any is significantly more accurate than any other, but I doubt it.

Davek1977
April 14, 2011, 01:34 AM
You won't have any issues whatsoever using golden bear in your gun. Its better ammo than Wolf, and most of the feeding issues people experience with steel cased ammo is in semi-autos, most notably the AR-15 (and more often than not using Wolf, if internet forums can be trusted). Golden Bear should feed and function just fine in a bolt gun (and really, haven't heard of issues with Golden Bear .223 in AR's even.....). Twenty one cents a round is a good price, but not unheard of, and certainly not cheap enough that it should arouse suspicion.

BIGBANG
April 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
It's ok, it is better than wolf, but I found no difference in it compaired to brown or silver bear and those were cheaper at my lgs. I actually found some tiger ammo and love it the best, it cut my groups down to just over 2 1/2 inches. I was regulary shootin 4 inches with the other stuff, all this is with an ak so yea, I don't shoot nothin but the cheap stuff in it.

Col. Plink
April 14, 2011, 02:40 PM
might as well go brown bear (Barnaul); I get great peformance with it in my CZ-527M

KX592
April 14, 2011, 02:48 PM
For your exact gun you will be using it for, I would say not to be cheap. You have a nice gun, treat it right and get some good brass. Those "bear" ammo are for throwing rounds out of AK's and SKS and exc.

Col. Plink
April 14, 2011, 02:59 PM
for heaven's sake, Russian ammo will not harm a CZ-527!

If you enjoyed reading about "Golden Bear 7.62x39 Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!