Is it wrong.....

PDA

Spec ops Grunt
April 15, 2011, 01:22 AM
to want to put red star grips on an East German Makarov?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it wrong....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
April 15, 2011, 04:31 AM
Some will say it's wrong. Others will disagree. I'm in the latter group. Why would it matter? It's your gun. Do what you will with it.

earlthegoat2
April 15, 2011, 06:15 AM
If it is wrong to put the red star on it then it is also wrong to own it. It has a history whether the star is there or not. Yep, the commies made that pistol. No way around it. However, the Cold War is over and we are reaping some of the benefits of it being over by being allowed low cost weapons of historical significance.

Lunie
April 15, 2011, 02:23 PM
I say go for it. It's only aesthetics. And it is your gun, make it look the way you like.

Besides... It's the Cold War equivalent of "scalping" the Reds. We have millions of their weapons. The importers probably paid for each weapon with a few pounds of potatoes. And they are still making huge profits selling them for a little bit of nothing in the US.

You could up the insult by adding an American flag or something like a US Star emblem.

Jeb21
April 15, 2011, 03:02 PM
Communist Pig! Next thing you will be voting for Obama :)

Just kidding. Go for it. I have shot a Mak with those grips before and did not like the feel but my friend found the grips to be very comfortable.

M2 Carbine
April 15, 2011, 03:54 PM
want to put red star grips on an East German Makarov?
Put whatever you want on the gun. Personally I like the original black grips that came on the EG gun.

SharpsDressedMan
April 15, 2011, 06:35 PM
Have a little fun with it. I mounted a KGB pin on a set of wood grips from Thailand. I have hopes of dressing it up further as a "KGB Officer of the Year", just as a conversation piece. I do agree that the red star grips look better than the black EG grips. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/matquig/DSC06100.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it wrong....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!