Perfect revolver cap seating tool

PDA

AbitNutz
April 16, 2011, 09:42 PM
I have been thinking of something appropriate to firmly seat the cap on my ROA after I use my snail capper.

I believe I have the perfect tool. A Japanese chopstick. Japanese are better than Chinese because Japanese are round and tapered while Chinese are square...also the Chinese are less well made at our local eatery. I have a great pair of Japanese lacquered ticks that are just the ticket.

If you enjoyed reading about "Perfect revolver cap seating tool" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Busyhands94
April 16, 2011, 09:50 PM
now that is crafty sir! absolutely cool!

ClemBert
April 16, 2011, 11:20 PM
I use a short 1/4" round wood dowel. I think it is made of oak.

Mike 56
April 16, 2011, 11:44 PM
Here is my setup i filed the end of the capper to make it narrower so now it works on my ROA and Colts. I attached a dowel push stick to it. I keep it in my pocket when i am shooting.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg95/51colt/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9691-1.jpg

Prairie Dawg
April 17, 2011, 10:25 AM
I use an old wooden .32 short starter.
Cut the dowel end a bit & rounded the edges.
That seats the caps firmly.
Drilled a hole in the ball end to fit over the end of a loading lever.
Those 5 1/2" loading levers are a cinch to use with this tool.
--Dawg

AbitNutz
April 17, 2011, 02:26 PM
Me, I just order the Sushi....sticks came pre-configured for for sushi and seating caps. :evil::evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Perfect revolver cap seating tool" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!