For Some Reason I'm Obessessed With Bersa .380s

PDA

RonGoode
January 11, 2004, 01:51 AM
Why?
I used to own one and sold it.
I sorely miss it.
I want to get one again and make it my CCW even though I favor 45s.
Is it the size?
Is it the style?
Are 9mms availible this small?
I'm hung up on this gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "For Some Reason I'm Obessessed With Bersa .380s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gbelleh
January 11, 2004, 02:08 AM
I know what you mean! My Bersa Thunder .380 is currently in another city serving as my girlfriend's HD gun. It'll be another couple months until I move there too, and I miss the Bersa a lot more than I expected to!

The Bersa is a very comfortable gun to hold and shoot (for me), and very accurate and reliable. It's always nice to find a good value too, and the Bersa is a great gun for a very good price.

You should be able to get a new Bersa Thunder .380 for under $250 out the door. Which model did you own and sell?

RonGoode
January 11, 2004, 02:14 AM
I had a Bersa Thunder .380 and I should have never sold it. I guess I like it so much because when I think about carrying a gun I tell myself that if I'd learn to shoot, to shoot well, it wouldn't matter so much what I carried but how I used it. When I think that way I think "the bersa is perfect". It's just such an easy gun to use and carry and at such a good price. I'm an average guy. LDAs and Sigs are out of my price range or too expensive for me to consider anyhow. I think the bersa is one of the best values out there. Bersa and Firestorms! I've had both, loved both, and sold both! I'm a fool too. I miss them both greatly now as there were good guns.

gbelleh
January 11, 2004, 02:16 AM
Well,
start saving up now and buy another one...and don't sell it this time! ;)

RonGoode
January 11, 2004, 02:19 AM
Oh I will.
And then I'll wonder if it's the right gun :D

ChickenHawk
January 11, 2004, 12:34 PM
And then, Don't leave home without it! :cool:

ChickenHawk

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=677028

Rob Pincus
January 11, 2004, 12:37 PM
My first centerfire semi was a Bersa 383 DA... it was also my first carry gun. I miss mine too. Never should've sold it.

Oh well.

horge
January 12, 2004, 03:12 AM
That's funny... I don't miss my Thunder 380.
Don't miss it at all.

Never parted with it yet, though, so maybe I can't comment...
:)

TonyB
January 12, 2004, 11:25 AM
I keep hearing about these guns........maybe someone's trying to tell me something.......can someone post a pix(w/out a holster):cool:

ChickenHawk
January 12, 2004, 11:40 AM
Oh, I think I might just have one ;)

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=659940

gunfan
January 12, 2004, 11:44 AM
I have one, and enjoy it! Fun pistols at an affordable price! If you want a "plinker" you can find the same model in .22 l.r.! :)

Lagadelphia
January 12, 2004, 03:33 PM
I think part of it is that the gun is better than it has a right to be for the price that it is. Also it just feels good in the hand. Then there is the confidence it inspires because it goes bang each and every time.

clubsoda22
January 12, 2004, 03:56 PM
everyone who has shot mine is addicted.

71Commander
January 12, 2004, 05:42 PM
ChickenHawk

What kind of camera do you have and how far are you when you took the pic ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm the odd ball here, I have a Firestorm.

ChickenHawk
January 12, 2004, 07:02 PM
TennTucker queried:
What kind of camera do you have and how far are you when you took the pic Howdy,

I have an Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom (it's a 5 MegaPixel digital camera).

I use the macro with point-focus setting from about 1.5 feet away.

hth,
ChickenHawk

P95Carry
January 12, 2004, 07:14 PM
Hah! Chicken has already been and gone and done ..... even more than I was gonna do!!:p

Even done the nice pics deal ... gotta reshoot (pun - oops!) my Bersa a bit more creatively. Hope in a week or so to have a 5Mpix Minolta coming along ... hopefully with optics a tad better than my current Kodak.

If you sold one Ron ... shame on you! Go fill that gap and enjoy.

Know what .. I think the Thunder and Makarov have great similarities ... and both really should be owned - as a ''team''.... I mean, what's a crummy 1mm difference in case length eh?

(another caliber - I know!!):rolleyes: :D

horge
January 12, 2004, 08:44 PM
Chris,

What's a crummy 1mm difference, indeed! :D

Actually, I'd love to adopt a Mak to keep the Thunder company, but the chance/likelihood of getting the ammo mixed up just bothers the living crap out of me.
:what:

P95Carry
January 12, 2004, 09:16 PM
Horge .. true - a mix up is far from desirable..... but I try and keep stuff boxed carefully and in the end if I fear a confusion .... it's ''headstamp time'' .... to make sure what I think is right - is right!!

Multi caliber discipline -- doncha know!!:p :D

Otherwise knows as ... ''keeping Murphy at bay!''

If you enjoyed reading about "For Some Reason I'm Obessessed With Bersa .380s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!