PIcked up a first year Police Positive Special this weekend

PDA

twaits
April 17, 2011, 11:41 PM
Picked this up for $275 OTD this weekend. What do you think? Serial number dates it to 1908.

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/twaits/Colt%20Revolvers/IMG_0988.jpg

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/twaits/Colt%20Revolvers/IMG_0987.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "PIcked up a first year Police Positive Special this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr.Rob
April 18, 2011, 12:52 AM
Looks great, screws aren't buggered up, finish looks original with some honest wear. Definitely worth what you paid.

How's the bore?

bruzer
April 18, 2011, 12:56 AM
For a pistol over a hundred years old it sure looks awesome.
Mike

ColtPythonElite
April 18, 2011, 11:58 AM
I'll take one like it anyday.

twaits
April 18, 2011, 11:39 PM
Dr. Rob,

The bore and chambers are perfect. Appear to be like new. Not a single pit anywhere.

Mac2
April 19, 2011, 01:15 AM
I'll give you $300 for it now. You can make $25 for nothing. Just kidding, unless you need $300 bucks. Great find. Wish I could stumble across something like that. Where did you find it? LGS, pawn shop?

Dr.Rob
April 19, 2011, 03:49 AM
I wouldn't shoot any +p, but I'd run boxes of 148 gr wadcutters out of it.

That's a great find and a great price.

ultradoc
April 19, 2011, 04:01 AM
First let me wipe the drool from my chin.....Very nice find!!

content
April 19, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hello friends and neighbors // Where do you live and do they have anymore?

Very nice save.
On a good day I might get the local GS down to $350 -375 for one that nice.

bannockburn
April 19, 2011, 06:51 AM
twaits

Sweet!

twaits
April 19, 2011, 02:03 PM
Mac 2,

Got it at Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine. They sometimes have really good deals on some of the older stuff.

Dr. Rob,

It won't be getting any +Ps. I shot 6 rounds of standard velocity Winchester FMJs out of it today. Just plinking but seems to shoot great.

I sent to Colt for a Archive letter yesterday. I want to know if the "JMT" that is engraved on the butt was done at the factory.

woad_yurt
April 19, 2011, 06:34 PM
Sweet snag! That's a fantastic revolver. They're light, too. I have one that's finish-challenged. SOmething got on it in spots. However, it's mechanically barely used; I paid $250. You got a good deal. Try point shooting it. It's a natural.

Note: You may consider repro grips or modifying a Pachmayr to fit. The originals are sooo brittle that the least whiff of a graze chips 'em really, really easily, even if you're being totally careful and attentive. Really. Sigh....

If you enjoyed reading about "PIcked up a first year Police Positive Special this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!