Hey guys is this anyting special

PDA

gym
April 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=87374,
maybe it is worth something I don't know enough to tell

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey guys is this anyting special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KodiakBeer
April 18, 2011, 04:03 PM
It's worth the asking price, but because it's been "re-done" it's lost its collector status.

Grunt Medic TXARNG
April 18, 2011, 04:21 PM
An original US property marked 1911? I'd call it pretty special - very much so if you could restore it back to its USGI glory!

osteodoc08
April 18, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'd rather put 600 towards a new colt 1911. Like he posted only the slide and frame are original. Some of those "new" parts would need to be fitted, like the grip safety necessitating some form of fitting, which means filing on the original frame/slide. I'd pass on this particular example IMHO. I think it would take more than it would be worth to make it look original again. Again, JMHO, YMMV

bannockburn
April 18, 2011, 05:47 PM
If it were me, I would put the money towards a new Colt M1911.

The Lone Haranguer
April 18, 2011, 07:09 PM
If it were me, I would put the money towards a new Colt M1911.
Agreed, if you want something to shoot a lot. According to 1911Tuner and others - and this was something I did not know - the old guns were not even heat treated, or only minimally.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey guys is this anyting special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!