S&W 38 and 28

PDA

biogenic
April 18, 2011, 10:34 PM
I have a S&W 38 military and police revolver serial S875xxx made in the late 40s and a S&W model 28 hwy patrolman in 357 Magnum. Does HKS make a speedloader to fit both revolvers?

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 38 and 28" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gathert
April 18, 2011, 10:36 PM
You could always try one on both? I know they make one for the 38 special

Trebor
April 18, 2011, 10:48 PM
The revolvers are different frame sizes and require different speedloaders. The cylinder size is larger for the "N" Frame Model 28 then the cylinder in the K Frame M&P.

HKS makes speedloaders for both the K and N frame guns. You can find them at many gunshops or on-line.

The HKS Model 10 is for the K frame guns and the Model 27 is for the N frame guns.

Safariland also makes K frame loaders and they might also make N frame loaders.

I wrote reviews of both the HKS and Safariland loaders, if you aren't familiar with the differences between them.

HKS speedloader for quicker revolver reloads (http://www0.epinions.com/review/A_Series_Speedloader_38_357/content_450990542468)

Safariland speedloader - Great for experts (http://www0.epinions.com/review/Safariland_Speedloader_For_Small_Revolvers/content_450994933380)

biogenic
April 18, 2011, 11:09 PM
The revolvers are different frame sizes and require different speedloaders. The cylinder size is larger for the "N" Frame Model 28 then the cylinder in the K Frame M&P.

HKS makes speedloaders for both the K and N frame guns. You can find them at many gunshops or on-line.

The HKS Model 10 is for the K frame guns and the Model 27 is for the N frame guns.

Safariland also makes K frame loaders and they might also make N frame loaders.

I wrote reviews of both the HKS and Safariland loaders, if you aren't familiar with the differences between them.

Thanks !

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 38 and 28" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!