S&W "Performance Center" M60

PDA

wrs840
April 19, 2011, 08:04 PM
Anyone own, tried, heard rumors about these?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765954_-1_757775_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

I have been noticing one that's been lying new in the case at a local Mom-'n-Pop for months now...and suddenly I'm feeling the pull. Yes, I know it's a small .357, and the drawbacks that brings with it.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W "Performance Center" M60" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rrg224
April 19, 2011, 08:17 PM
:banghead::banghead:
Lucky for me I found another!!:D Great five-shot cannon! I carry mine a lot. I am extremely proficient with it. The adjustable sights are what I love and the accuracy you can get justifies the sights. A bit hefty by today's standards but a pleasure to behold!
BTW, I do my best to not part with any guns anymore. I am getting older and wiser and somewhat more finacially stable.

psyshack
April 19, 2011, 10:53 PM
Thats what my wife shoots. And it's also her first pistol.

I like shooting it! It eats full house .357's like a kid eats candy. Makes me giggle like a school girl.

I like my wifes a lot! :)

Radagast
April 20, 2011, 06:11 AM
Member Stainz has one. A search under his name will find multiple threads.

wrs840
April 20, 2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks Radagast. Searching "Stainz 60 Pro" under "Show Posts" did the trick.

Stainz seems to be pleased with it.

...and dadgummit, just a week-or-so ago, I thought I had all the revolvers I really needed...:rolleyes:

sixgunner455
April 20, 2011, 08:19 PM
You probably do have all the revolvers you really need.

That's not a cure for "I wants-it, I wants-it, the precious!"

Radagast
April 28, 2011, 07:27 AM
Three Schofields for the cowboys under the sky.
Seven .455 Triple Locks for the sappers in their trenches.
Nine Registered Magnums for Generals doomed to die.
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne.
One Smith to rule them all.
One Smith to find them.
One Smith to bring them all & in the gun safe bind them.
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

Its obvious that Saxon Pig is the Dark Lord, you just need to see his collection. :)

So I wouldn't worry about wanting to buy a 60 Pro. It's obviously not the one Smith. :)

jfh
April 28, 2011, 07:40 AM
After my M60-3" blew up, I replaced it with this "Pro" version. S&W gave me a real deal on it.

Unfortunately, the dislike I have for the profile of this version only grew with time, and I consigned it off last year. I'll replace it with a standard M60-3" sooner or later--after I digest my 396 recent purchase (and current love affair with .44 S&W Spl.)

My Pro 60 was a fine revolver--no issues, and with a better trigger out-of-the-box. For me, it really was strictly an aesthetic issue.

Jim H.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W "Performance Center" M60" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!