how many of you are still kicking your self over a gun you wish you hadnt sold?

PDA

gpwelding1
April 20, 2011, 11:53 AM
i had a s&w model 2214 .22 lr that i picked up for almost nothing.i loved that little handgun, but i fell on hard times and had to sell it:banghead:.now that im straightend out financialy,i cant find one in s.c. anywhere:cuss:!

If you enjoyed reading about "how many of you are still kicking your self over a gun you wish you hadnt sold?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike OTDP
April 20, 2011, 12:05 PM
There are a couple. I regret selling my S&W 41 some, and the S&W 1076 more. But my biggest regret was selling the Walther GSP. Yes, it was supplanted by a pair of Hammerlis, but the Walther is a great platform for experiments. And mine had a really good trigger.

jimbo-indy
April 20, 2011, 12:26 PM
I still regret selling two revolvers in the past:
First was a 8 3/8" 686 with adjustable front sight. A wonderfully accurate gun sold when my wife got on her high horse and we owed some bills. We could have made it without selling but....

Second: 7 1/2" Ruger 357 Maximum. Didn't use it much but it sure was fun and would only increase in value. Again, could have made it without selling but you know who got involved.

Next time I think it will be the wife who goes.

Buzz9mm
April 20, 2011, 01:49 PM
I still regret selling two revolvers in the past:
First was a 8 3/8" 686 with adjustable front sight. A wonderfully accurate gun sold when my wife got on her high horse and we owed some bills. We could have made it without selling but....

Second: 7 1/2" Ruger 357 Maximum. Didn't use it much but it sure was fun and would only increase in value. Again, could have made it without selling but you know who got involved.

Next time I think it will be the wife who goes.
Haha! True dat! Pistols are more reliable anyways :).

Yes, I still regret selling my Smith & Wesson 9mm. It was similar to a 5906. It got rust on the slide and malfunctioned because I never cleaned it properly, so I sold it. I still cant get over the fact I sold it and never even field stripped it. I was young(er) and stupid(er) though ... I'm thinking about getting a 5906 to make me feel better, but its still not the same. I want the same exact pistol back and I know that will never happen. This post makes me a sad panda. :( :(

randytrapper
April 20, 2011, 01:51 PM
When M1 Garands and the Carbines where priced at $199 and $299 I got one of each. After Clinton got in, the prices went up, initially $100 each. I sold the pair and made $200
I thought I did real good..:rolleyes:

Nushif
April 20, 2011, 02:18 PM
My Colt New Agent. 8(

While I'm not a big fan of the 1911 ... that one almost converted me. The ideal 1911 in my eyes, at least.

minutemen1776
April 20, 2011, 03:17 PM
If you buy and sell enough, you'll part with a few that you'll later regret. I've done it, and I've even gone back later and bought another of the same gun when I realized my mistake. That said, the vast majority of guns I've sold have passed from my collection without a regret, and selling them only enabled me to get something better.

2wheels
April 20, 2011, 03:19 PM
My rule, which I learned from a guy I work with, is to never sell a gun you can't easily replace (If you can avoid it).

That's why I didn't cry when I recently parted with my XD40-SC, I could replace that in a heartbeat.

I also was OK selling my Mini-14 before that, there was nothing special about mine and I doubt Ruger is going to stop making them anytime soon.

Those are the only two guns I've ever sold, though I'm considering selling my Cougar to finance a new .22LR pistol.

Mad Magyar
April 20, 2011, 03:35 PM
Well, it wasn't an auto-loader, but a commercial 1917 revolver...Sold it to my CC instructor who lusted for it...I regret it since the money is alway long gone and you wonder why you did it..:cuss:

gohogs93
April 20, 2011, 03:54 PM
M1 Garand and West German Sig 220 ):

Gun Fever
April 20, 2011, 04:08 PM
yep I had a double barrel 12g sold it-miss it. from now on i'm not selling unless big emergency!!! it's all about the big arsenal anyway:cool:

jerry895
April 20, 2011, 05:17 PM
I had a 4in blue Colt Python. Bought it new in the late 70's, sold it around 2005 because I had stopped shooting. Now that I have the gun bug again I really miss it and can't afford to replace it with current Python prices.

modifiedbrowning
April 20, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hk p9s
cz p01

defjon
April 20, 2011, 05:23 PM
lots!

Colt series 70, SW 586, NAA mini, Ruger SP101, Beretta INOX 92fs, Stoegar Cougar 9mm, Baby Eagle 9mm hard chrome, Sig p226, Taurus 85 38spl, Firestorm 22, Glock 26..

....Pretty much any I've sold. Sigh. Live and learn.

Cemo
April 20, 2011, 06:18 PM
S&w 4013

newfalguy101
April 20, 2011, 06:24 PM
.357 Desert Eagle, two-tone finish and my FIRST handgun.

I WILL have another someday, just as soon as opportunity and cash are both present

bushmaster4162
April 20, 2011, 07:41 PM
I fell on hard times,and had to sell my bushmaster m4 a2 h bar. I really liked that gun,but know im buying a bushmaster m4 a3 patrolman.

NMGonzo
April 20, 2011, 07:42 PM
My Cbob ...

augustino
April 20, 2011, 08:27 PM
Yea sure I've felt regret over each and every firearm I've ever sold or traded. But at the time I thought it was what I had to do, so I did.
Now... I wish I had them all gathered around me like grand kids!
But you know what, what's done is done and I'm moving on 'cause back where I was is a place I can't go.

Eaglestroker
April 20, 2011, 08:30 PM
My Remington Muzzleloader, first gun I bought simply because it was another class I could enter and I sold it to my uncle when I quit competing. One day I'll work up the brass to ask him about selling it back.

KAS1981
April 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
People sell their guns?

daorhgih
April 20, 2011, 08:33 PM
1992 Semmerling .45ACP, manual / automatic, in the box with its own matched holster : $1300.00. I paid $1200.00. Dao.

MrWesson
April 20, 2011, 09:51 PM
Hi-point C9
Shocker I know.. I could use a gun to keep in the glove box I don't care much about.

Mosin M38 carbine I traded for a .22 pistol.. Now a have a .22 pistol and want that loud SOB back. This one worked out because I am meeting a guy to buy another one for .... $75. Sorry to brag but I have yet to find a "deal".

Doug Add
April 20, 2011, 09:53 PM
I had a 4" S&W 686-4 I had to sell to cover some unexpected medical expenses about seven years ago. The fellow to whom I sold it (a friend of my father-in-law) told me I could buy it back anytime I wanted. I just found out he has been given a few weeks/months to live by his doctors, and I have considered buying it back.

I'm not really kicking myself over selling it, as I have since replaced it with a 586. However, the -4 model is so desirable, maybe I ought to get it back while I have the opportunity.

millertyme
April 20, 2011, 10:53 PM
Not a one. But I have kicked myself in the pants for a few that I've bought.

LightningMan
April 21, 2011, 07:21 AM
Besides regret selling a few, I regret not buying a couple at one time, as they had a great price tag. LM

benderx4
April 21, 2011, 09:19 AM
I've sold a bunch over the years, but my only regret was an older HK USP45 with stainless steel slide that handled and shot perfectly. Oh well ...... live and learn.

GRAPE-DRANK
April 21, 2011, 11:07 AM
Smith and Wesson 625 pd. Awesome Carry, The recoil would separate the range re-load bullets from the casing and the recoil was a little steep, but man what an easy carry and reload. I have kicked myself for not buying the full size pd when I had the chance.

Tennessee Ned
April 21, 2011, 11:19 AM
Three Walthers :( PP .32, PP Super and a P-38 :banghead:

gpwelding1
April 21, 2011, 12:03 PM
my problem is not being able to find another one i can buy.if i would have known i wouldnt be able to replace it , i would have figured out another way to raise the extra cash i needed.i think next time i'll sell a kiddny before i sell one of my guns:D

jwash3rd
April 22, 2011, 07:42 AM
When I was starting out, I was considering selling my XD9 and getting a KT P-11. The salesman at my LGS said keep the Springfield and get the Kel Tec. That was great advice, I would have missed the XD had I sold it and the way things are going now, value can only go up.

glassman
April 22, 2011, 08:08 AM
I sold a S&W 686-4 a while back to finance another gun purchase. I'm still kicking myself!

kyletx1911
April 23, 2011, 06:37 AM
colt mkiv80 in ss

dpart77
April 23, 2011, 08:23 AM
I also sold a Desert Eagle two tone 357. It was really stupid!!!! Won't sell another gun to pay bills that could have been paid with other means. Still kick myself

Caliper_RWVA
April 23, 2011, 09:22 AM
Haven't sold one yet. You guys are just reminding me to do my best to keep it that way! :)

PabloJ
April 23, 2011, 09:41 AM
I do not miss any that I had and sold. I kept the only one that matters the PA-15. I learned to write with French Bic pen and remember French wine and cognac at parties my parents had for special guests at their home when I was child. Amazingly the same 4-color pen can be purchased at Walmart for about $3.50 and it's still MADE IN FRANCE. A plastic pen not made in china (now often marked made in PRC to confuse ignorant shoppers) that is precious.:)

DasFriek
April 23, 2011, 09:47 AM
Ive had two guns i regret ever selling.
1. Was a Mossberg 12 gauge bullpup about 20 years ago which are almost impossible to find these days and if you do its price is 3x-4x what i paid back then.

2. This happened about 2 years ago when i was attempting to keep all my handguns as usefull ccw weapons id carry, So i felt i had no place for a .25 cal pistol.
It was a 97% condition CZ VZ45 made in 1947 and it shot very reliably. It had a build quality as good as any mid grade 1911 has today.

saturno_v
April 23, 2011, 10:21 AM
My general rule is not selling guns at all (unless I may have a need in the future, you never know the future)

The only 2 firearms I did sold are:

- EAA Witness 10mm...I could not part faster from that POS.

- Chiappa 1911 in 22 LR...it was an impulse buy, did not even look well at it....once at home I noticed the horrible finishing and the smell of the pot metal construction.....sold it 2 days later without even firing it.

So good riddance, no regrets at all!!

mokin
April 23, 2011, 10:38 AM
The more I hear people bad mouth Ravens the more I wish I'd kept mine.....

bamarobbie
April 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
Sweet little Beretta 70s 22lr- never sell what can't be easily replaced!:evil:

foghornl
April 23, 2011, 12:09 PM
Got a few i wish i still had...

Rem "Sportsman model" 20-Ga (BOOT!)

Marlin Camp Carbine .45 ACP Boot! Boot! Boot! Kick!

My first center-fire revolver stolen from me...One of the last "3-Screw Old Model" .357 Blackhawks, 6-1/2" barrel

IMTHDUKE
April 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
A pristine Colt Python 4in nickel....what was I thinkin:cuss:

Lakeshore
April 23, 2011, 01:05 PM
The one that grieves me the most was a really nice Astra 600 that I acquired when I was in college, then later sold when times were lean.

Now if I wanted to buy one in comparable condition it would cost me approximately 10X what I let mine go for.

Jim NE
April 23, 2011, 02:10 PM
The one I regretted the most was a Ted Williams (Sears) lever action 30-30. Does anybody remember those? It was made by Winchester and pretty much looked like one aside from some minor cosmetic differences. It was my first high powered rifle, good quality, and was quite accurate. I bought it new for $119 about 30 years ago when Sears was closing out all of their firearms due to a frivolous (in my opinion) lawsuit.

I don't worry about it much anymore. At least I still have the first gun I ever owned - A Winchester .22 model 190. Since this is the revolver section, the handgun I miss the most was the first good quality revolver I ever owned - a Ruger .357 Blackhawk. Easy enough to replace, but I'll never get that particular weapon back.

wembley
April 23, 2011, 05:45 PM
I regret several including a Kimber SIS Ultra and a H&K P7M13. Now the rule is not to sell anything that can not be easily replaced.

HankB
April 23, 2011, 07:50 PM
Traded a Colt Diamondback (2 1/2" barrel, .22 rimfire) towards a post-'64 M70 in .30/06. Diamondback - an 8th grade graduation present - has gone up in value, M70 hasn't . . . but I've hunted enough with the M70 that I have plenty of memories to make up for the loss of the Diamondback.

railroader
April 23, 2011, 10:31 PM
The one I regret selling was a cz75b military. Normally cz triggers are just ok but this one broke clean and had almost zero takeup in single action. I got this major glock 17 urge so I sold the cz. After upgrading the glock with sights and other parts I still couldn't shoot it worth a crap so it got sold and replaced by a ruger p95 which I like better than the glock. But how in the heck did I get from a cz 75 to a ruger p95?

Casefull
April 23, 2011, 10:36 PM
I do not sell them either...They seem to be at least as good as stocks.

Kendal Black
April 23, 2011, 10:40 PM
I don't let it bother me. I concentrate on the skill set, not the tool kit.

So long as I have some guns well suited to my needs and abilities, it doesn't matter so much which ones they are. What I need is a gun I know how to run, chambered for something that will do the job at hand.

For example, I'm instantly comfortable handling any of the Smith Hand Ejector's numerous descendants, for it's a style of gun I've used and liked for a long time. I cannot own them all, of the many millions made, but then I do not need them all. They are in a sense interchangeable, for they work alike (of course there are nicer and worser examples). So I need not be concerned with keeping all I may acquire.

So long as I have a small assortment in various sizes, I have plenty. I didn't always think so, but then I shifted my thinking off of the tool set and onto the practical uses.

gofastman
April 24, 2011, 12:37 AM
Taurus M66 6"
Its not that I sold it, its that i didn't take it off a guys hands for $100.

I was holding it for a friend, he lived on campus, I didn't.
when he graduated he offered to sell it to me.

.338-06
April 24, 2011, 02:40 AM
Two guns I regret selling. First one a custom Colt .45, slide assembly from a blued Officers model and the receiver a brushed nickel Colt Commander. I still cannot remember why I sold that one. The second was a pristine S&W M58 (.41 mag) that shot, in a friend's words, "Like the Glory of God!". I had to pay some of the baby's medical bills with that one, oh well. Family before tools or toys.

April 24, 2011, 05:08 AM
I have been able to acquire back most of the gun models that I sold (and regretted later), except the Colt Anaconda and the Daewoo DR-200.:(

Johnny Lightning
April 24, 2011, 06:24 AM
Glock 27....I miss you, come home!

bannockburn
April 24, 2011, 10:18 AM
There have been a few. Every Ruger Security, Service, and Speed Six I ever owned. A heavy barrel S&W Model 10, a S&W Model 58, and a Colt Trooper Mk.V.

In semi-autos, far too many Colt Combat Commanders, in both .38 Super and .45ACP.

tomco550
April 24, 2011, 10:27 AM
two -a 22 colt woodsman and winchester lever in 22 mag.the best shooting guns i have ever owned and sadddddly sold.but i still have my 357 ruger maxium

helitack32f1
April 24, 2011, 06:28 PM
I sold a Kimber Gold Combat, the model before it became the Combat II. That is probably my biggest regret along with the three Colt Woodsmans I sold for monetary reasons. Stupid money problems!

Friendly, Don't Fire!
April 24, 2011, 06:33 PM
Traded a L.W. Seecamp .25 Auto that I purchased new.
That is one gun I should have kept and never gotten rid of! :banghead:

sheepdog96
April 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
Still miss my old Sig 228 I sold to fund a car project. Stupid, stupid, stupid:banghead: I also sold a Glock 26 but I really dont miss it. Was a great gun, just didnt fit in my sasquash hands.

DAdams
April 25, 2011, 05:26 PM
from now on i'm not selling unless big emergency!!! it's all about the big arsenal anyway

If I ever think I am going to have to sell it, I don't buy it to begin with.

I haven't made a bad buy yet. If you do your homework and don't impulse buy .....

If you enjoyed reading about "how many of you are still kicking your self over a gun you wish you hadnt sold?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!