Colt Series 70 (G70 suffix) question…..

PDA

art g
January 11, 2004, 01:45 PM
I just acquired in a trade an older Colt Series 70 with a G70 suffix serial number. The pistol honestly looks unfired and totally original. The only thing I am wondering about is that the trigger is nickel/satin. A B70 suffix gun that I own has a blued trigger and that is what I assumed would be correct for the G70. Gun is a keeper either way but I am curious as to whether the nickel/satin trigger would indeed be correct? My plan is to keep this gun unfired and as a collectable. Thanks! Art G.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Series 70 (G70 suffix) question….." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dsk
January 11, 2004, 09:58 PM
Good grief, how many forums did you post this on?!? :p

art g
January 11, 2004, 10:01 PM
Well....I posted on three forums....CSP, 1911 and this one. Sorry if I over did it. Just didn't know whether I would get any help. Should have known you would come through and just posted on 1911. Thanks again! Art G.

BluesBear
January 12, 2004, 01:37 AM
The Colt MkIV/Series 70 blues Government Model that I purchased new on August 28, 1976 had a "silver" trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Series 70 (G70 suffix) question….." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!