Des Moines, Iowa paper

PDA

mdmorgan
April 22, 2011, 06:32 AM
Not long ago, the Des Moines City View newspaper thought it fit to publish the names of over 5,000 Polk County Iowa permit to carry weapons holders. In the interest of fairness I thought I would publish some information on the publisher and editor of City View. Shane Goodman lives at 8404 Barnham Drive Johnston, Iowa 50131-8754 with his wife Jolene. Their home is 2,268 sqft, and contains 2.5 bathrooms and a whirlpool. It was purchased for $245,000. Shane does not have a permit to carry weapons. His e-mail address is shane@dmcityview.com and his office phone number is 515-953-4822, ext. 305. I encourage you all to contact Shane, and to let him know how you feel about him throwing law abiding gun owners under the bus. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Des Moines, Iowa paper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bkjeffrey
April 22, 2011, 07:20 AM
NICE!

Allthough not necesarily "High Road" in the eyes of some of our members...

I would have done the same thing if I were you. I do not live in IA but I take a keen interest in their political doings because my wife is from there, and we may someday reside there.

AirForceShooter
April 22, 2011, 07:51 AM
This is one of the things we did in Florida to stop the newspapers.
We got the info on every member of the editorial board of every paper that published our list.
Then we started on the lawmakers. Got the list made confidential.
That law has to be renewed quickly

AFS

mack69
April 22, 2011, 05:53 PM
Absolutely love it...

henschman
April 22, 2011, 06:01 PM
And therein lies one of the many problems of requiring government approval to exercise your rights.

chopinbloc
April 22, 2011, 07:00 PM
Shane's home phone is: (515) 334-9844

The email I sent him:

Mr Goodman,

What an amazing age we live in where so much information about people is available and where nearly anyone can find and publish information about nearly anyone else! Thank the good Lord, too, that we live in a nation where the state has almost no authority to stop a person from saying what he or she wishes. It is unfortunate, though that some individuals don't fully think through the consequences of their actions. Take your recent article listing all the names of CCW permit holders. I'm sure Jared's intention was to somehow embarrass the permit holders, as if they had somehow done something wrong. What he may not have realized, though is that in publishing that list, he also published a list of those who DO NOT hold a CCW permit and therefore can be reasonably considered to be unarmed when out in public. I notice that both you and Jared are not on that list. I'd urge you to consider the danger you pose to the public when you publish such articles. By way of underscoring my point I have listed some more publicly available information at the end of this note, which I have also posted to my Facebook page and several blogs regarding this article. If you wish to discuss this issue further, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. You may reply to this email or call me. Thank you for your time.

SHANE W & JOLENE R GOODMAN
8404 BARNHAM DR
JOHNSTON, IA 50131-8754

http://www.assess.co.polk.ia.us/cgi-bin/invenquery/pickdp.cgi?dp24100523085619=241%2F00523-085-619&map=Y&report=WebPublic&photo=Y&fixed=N&sketch=Y

mdmorgan
April 22, 2011, 09:04 PM
Very well done. Thank you.

mdmorgan
April 23, 2011, 05:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cityview

fallout mike
April 23, 2011, 07:55 AM
That's good stuff. Maybe members here should pitch in a buck or 2 and put his info on a billboard there in that town.

Quarterbore
April 23, 2011, 11:27 AM
Count me in! Screw with the dog, get the teeth!

http://www.dmcityview.com/
http://www.dmcityview.com/2011/04/21/features/coverstory/

Who’s Packing?
Nearly 5,200 Polk County residents have applied for permits to carry
By Jared Curtis

From their contacts list:

Jared Curtis, arts & entertainment editor
jared@dmcityview.com
515-953-4822, ext. 306

Other "important" contacts:

Big Green Umbrella Media General and Administrative (Parent Company)
Brent Antisdel, business office manager, brent@dmcityview.com, 515-953-4822, ext. 301
Shane Goodman, president, shane@dmcityview.com, 515-953-4822, ext. 305

Cityview (the rag in this case)
Shane Goodman, edtor and publisher, shane@dmcityview.com, 515-953-4822, ext. 305

kis2
April 23, 2011, 04:15 PM
This is exactly the kind of response that article needs by the way. well done.

They ought to get about 5200 angry emails.

kis2
April 23, 2011, 04:43 PM
email sent.

hso
April 23, 2011, 05:21 PM
Find the advertisers and let them know we don't appreciate they're funding this sort of invasion of or privacy.

briney11
April 23, 2011, 06:05 PM
I re posted his info on my Facebook page.

wally247
April 23, 2011, 06:18 PM
I reposted this a few places also.

mdmorgan
April 23, 2011, 06:50 PM
Just so you guys know I started an open group on facebook called Shane Goodman "fan" Page. Yes I put fan in quotes. Anyone who wants to join the group, please do so.

kis2
April 23, 2011, 07:52 PM
I know a news article where you could probably get 5200 members from...

Heretic
May 25, 2011, 05:19 PM
The Des Moines Register is a leftist rag. No one I know reads it.

MagnumDweeb
May 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cool I like it. Some folks might think you are being unfair but if these jokers like to mess with other people's lives possibly endangering them it's only fair these jokers face the same thing. Me peronsally. I would have gotten pictures of the guy, wife, and kids and posted those too. Basically saying "this anti-gun individual is out here with his wife and kid(s), he exposes those law abiding citizens who lawfully carry firearms, if this means he doesn't, oh well."

No one is above the law, the media takes its own risks, and has to take responsibility for its actions.

dcarch
September 5, 2011, 12:55 AM
Almost all of the big newspapers in Iowa are leftist rags. The Register, the Press Citizen, etc. About the only half-way decent one is the Cedar Rapids Gazette, and even they print CCW holder's names whenever they register or renew their permits.

Romeo 33 Delta
September 5, 2011, 07:36 PM
How could anyone consider this unfair? It's public information.

Turn about's certainly fair play!

If you enjoyed reading about "Des Moines, Iowa paper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!