Ouch!

PDA

Chris Rhines
December 26, 2002, 11:58 PM
I seem to be having one of those nights...

For Christmas, my little bro gave me a gift certificate to Chesapeake Knife and Tool, our local DC area overpriced bladeware/cigar cutter/fancy lighter/knicknack emporium. I wandered out to the mall today to cash it in (no CK&Ts in Indiana, a mixed blessing.) And, as luck would have it, I found in the 50%-off case, a Columbia River Ryan Plan B, plain edge.

http://www.agrknives.com/imagescsu02/cl-2803m.jpg (Image borrowed from A.G. Russel website.)

It's a neat little knife. Small enough to carry easily, useful blade shape, very comfortable handle. Also very sharp, as I found out. I was experimenting with lanyard styles, and somehow managed to excise a small patch of skin from the edge of my left hand. Wonderful. As of now, lots of bandaids and direct pressure seems to have stemed the bleeding.

Sigh.

Where did I leave the bottle of Chivas?

- Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Ouch!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tamara
December 27, 2002, 12:25 AM
I think those are really neat knives, but then I'm a sucker for recurved blades...

Don Gwinn
December 27, 2002, 01:34 AM
Nice! I haven't gotten to handle a Plan B, but CRKT makes good stuff. My brother-in-law's one and only knife is an M16, and he loves it.

Jim March
December 27, 2002, 03:22 AM
If you've cut your hands/fingers, read this:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=623

Penman
December 27, 2002, 04:05 PM
Now you've done it! Remember the knives in "Dune", which had to draw blood before they could be placed back in the sheath?

Soap
December 28, 2002, 10:26 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself ;)

The Plan B's are tres chic! I bought myself a CRKT Polkowski/Kasper fixed blade with Grandma's Christmas money.

cplane
December 29, 2002, 10:37 AM
You should send that "Evil" knife to me imediately to be punished!:D

nualle
December 29, 2002, 12:46 PM
Chris,
I hate to seem, uh, bloodyminded... but your story sounds warmly familiar to me. A bite early on is how I know a blade is really mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ouch!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!