J.P. Clabrough sxs

PDA

Erfletcher
April 22, 2011, 10:40 PM
I have a j.P. Clabrough sxs. On top it has J.P. Clabrough fine twist. Under the foregrip it has English marks, crossed halbreds, the number 13. The numbers on it are either 666, or 999. Excellent condition, no rust. It is a breach load, i think a 12 ga. Would like to know any info, or value, if possible.

If you enjoyed reading about "J.P. Clabrough sxs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Liberty1776
April 22, 2011, 11:31 PM
No one can even begin to assist you without pictures. The more, the better. Clear and close up, especially of all the markings, writing, names, side plates and proof marks. Then we can start to help...

Dr.Rob
April 23, 2011, 06:02 AM
Some history here: http://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns/item_desc.php?item_id=158

This is very likely a shotgun with damascus barrels and I don't recommend you shoot it. This maker also re-marked Belgian shotguns based on my research, and quality of these is dubious.

I've seen auction prices widely varied between a few hundred dollars to well over a thousand.

If you enjoyed reading about "J.P. Clabrough sxs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!