LC9 holsters

PDA

traveling1253
April 23, 2011, 10:39 PM
Finished my CCW class today, looking for IWB holster options for the Ruger LC9. What's everyone using?
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "LC9 holsters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr_B
May 25, 2011, 12:22 PM
An Uncle Mike's #10 until I can find something better. Everyone seems to be sold out of LC9 holsters.

BsChoy
May 25, 2011, 07:31 PM
Go to Glocktalk.com and check classifieds for a guy named coachG...maks and awesome 35.00 kydex IWB modeled after comptac. The price includes shipping and he is FAST!

riseagainstforme
May 25, 2011, 07:43 PM
I'm looking for a IWB for a LC9 as well, although it is my wive's gun there might come a time where i might wanna carry it.

bayhawk2
May 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
This is what I carry mine in.It holds the gun snug to my side.
I put it toward my back/right side.
http://activeprogear.com/22-belt-slide.html

Light Fifty
June 2, 2011, 05:53 PM
I've been looking at the options as well. Fortunately for us, it has recently become much easier to find IWB holsters sized for - or at the higher end, fitted to - the LC9. I assume you are not using the Crimson Trace clip-on laser; if you are, the choices are much more limited. I've listed below several of the holsters I've liked enough to write down. They are mostly strong side holsters with a forward cant, but if you prefer yours without a cant you can usually get it from the same manufacturer at a similar price point.

I've also included a few other holster styles in case someone finds them useful.

IWB w/ two spaced clips/loops/etc.:
Fist Inc. Sec. Sys. 2 140
Comp-Tac CTAC 80
Crossbreed Supertuck 70
Crossbreed Minituck 68
Kholster Minimoon 50

IWB w/ single clip/loop/etc.:
Milt Sparks VM2 125 Note: 6 mo. lead
HBE Pro TL 119 Note: molded SSO, clip, offset
High Noon Closing Arg. 100 Note: molded RSO, clip
Fist Inc. K8 85 Note: kydex, interchangeable belt attach.
Garrett Sil. Thunder 85 Note: leather lined kydex
El Paso S. Ultra Cover 82
Fist Inc. K4 70 Note: kydex, J-hook
Blade-Tech Ultimate C. 70 Note: kydex, offset
De Santis Tuck This II 38 Note: synthetic, +1 mag
High Noon Split Decis. 37 Note: clip
De Santis Sof-Tuck 26 Note: suede

Pocket
High Noon Pkt. Grabber 55
De Santis Nemesis 24
Blackhawk Pkt. Holster 13

Other/Alternative
5.11 Holster Shirt 60
SmartCarry Std. Model 51
Thunderwear 50
Belly Band 30

SSO: smooth side out; rough side facing the firearm. Looks nice, but traps more moisture against the weapon. Moves around inside pants more easily.
RSO: rough side out; smooth side facing the firearm. Doesn't look great, but grips cloth well and traps less moisture against the weapon.

It's possible some of the numbers have changed since I wrote them down, so take them with a grain of salt, but they are useful for looking in the right ballpark with respect to your budget. There are probably even nicer options available, but at that point you're getting into custom leather-working and I don't have any interest or knowledge in that area.

Dr_B
June 2, 2011, 07:10 PM
I have a semi-generic leather thingy coming from theholsterstore.com.

TwoNiner
June 4, 2011, 03:38 AM
I just bought this one on ebay, I'll do a review once I get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220747945970&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

How was your ccw class? I plan on taking one this summer.

If you enjoyed reading about "LC9 holsters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!