Have YOU purchased a Witness recently?

PDA

Tropical Z
January 12, 2004, 02:45 PM
Particularly in wonderfinish?
A friend JUST got one and the finish is uneven and doesnt look right.When did you get yours and is the finish OK?

If you enjoyed reading about "Have YOU purchased a Witness recently?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
January 12, 2004, 03:41 PM
I got mine maybe 2 years ago and the finish looked, and still looks, nice and even.

There are some metal finishing issues, but nothing big.

PCRCCW
January 13, 2004, 07:15 AM
Wonder finish is Tan's version of Hard Chrome and is a little picky about oils, dirt and so on. Ill bet its been on a warehouse shelf for a while.
Take some CLP and wipe it down.......if it doesnt even out then you may have issues with it.....
My HC guns and even my Nickel guns have done this even sitting in my safe for a couple of days............
Shoot well........

Tropical Z
January 13, 2004, 11:42 AM
I kinda like the gold tinge that wonderfinish has to it.Cant figure out why CLP might make it look better on my friends however.,

PCRCCW
January 13, 2004, 05:30 PM
If the finish is uneven from dirt/crap etc on it..the CLP would clean it off......thats all. Shoot well. I havent seen any Wonderfinish guns that have the finish itself thats uneven.

Shoot well.

stans
January 13, 2004, 06:15 PM
Wonder finish is actually a Tenifer finish, so it also adds to the surface hardness of the gun.

Marcus
January 13, 2004, 09:27 PM
I bought mine about 3 years ago. The finish was pretty good for a year or two but it started to get some darker areas in it that simply would not come out. I`m almost sure they were coming out from *under* the finish. I solved the problem by trading it for a S&W 1006. :) Marcus

DJCharlie
January 14, 2004, 01:11 PM
so you're saying this wonder finish is like the glock finish.....tenifer. I'm not too sure about that one.

stans
January 14, 2004, 06:04 PM
It has been discussed several times on the CZ forums.

joeoim
January 14, 2004, 10:23 PM
I've had a .45 witness for about a year now and the finish is a little darker maybe. I carry it every day and the finish seems to be indestructable.

Walt Sherrill
January 14, 2004, 11:32 PM
Wonder finish is actually a Tenifer finish, so it also adds to the surface hardness of the gun.

According to EAA, the Wonder finish is not, in fact a finish at all, but a metal treatment (chemical) like a heat treatment. But they don't explain farther.

(Perhaps that's what Tenifer is, too, so this isn't necessarily a disagreement with your statement.)

I've got a dual tone Witness Sport Long Slide. Great gun and great finish. One of the more attractive guns, and very durable.

http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/907331570078/30257307lg.jpg

Bren
January 15, 2004, 01:33 AM
I bought a 10mm target about 8 months ago and it had two darker rings that book match at the rear of the slide.

I have to tell you,,,,,,,,,, I LOVE this finsh and wish it was on more guns. Tough and a nice color too.

FWIW, the gun has been great, totally reliable and very accurate! Best bang for the buck 10mm out there and the porting has less flip/recoil than my buddies 45 witness. Bren

Bren
January 15, 2004, 02:12 AM
Heres the spots on my Witness.

Bren
January 15, 2004, 02:14 AM
Doh!

Tropical Z
January 15, 2004, 11:12 AM
I want a new,full size, steel,ported , 10mm and of course nobody has one anywhere.Last one ever made was sold just yesterday!:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Have YOU purchased a Witness recently?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!