Springfield is giving away some guns!!

PDA

Sgt.Murtaugh
May 2, 2011, 04:24 PM
Just saw this on GunsAmerica: http://springfieldduel.com/?ref=GA

Apparently you can vote as much as you want. Looks like I will be setting my cell phone alarm to go off every hour to remind me to vote - I want both of these guns, LOL. I shot my buddy's Range Officer the other day and it's a great out of the box 1911 with nice features. I know I won't win, but I will keep my fingers crossed anyway. Determination could pay off!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield is giving away some guns!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CraigC
May 2, 2011, 04:30 PM
The new RO is a great pistol! Mine thinks it's a target pistol. It's tightly fitted and accurate, yet extremely reliable.

http://photos.imageevent.com/newfrontier45/sixgunsiii/large/IMG_8036b.jpg

Sgt.Murtaugh
May 2, 2011, 04:38 PM
love the grips on that RO - very classy looking.

How many rounds through it? any FTF?

Mike J
May 2, 2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up Sgt.

CraigC
May 2, 2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks, I'm nuts about antique paper micarta. Only other thing I did do it was to install an Ed Brown mainspring housing/magwell and spring kit.

Probably about 500-600rds. I recall having one malfunction but the gun was dirty and had run dry. I try to keep a little grease on the rails. There is no perceptible play in the slide to frame fit.

Sgt.Murtaugh
May 2, 2011, 05:18 PM
awesome. I will be a proud owner of a RO whether I win one or end up buying one. Where did you get those grips - I must have them, if you don't mind me being a copycat

CraigC
May 2, 2011, 05:28 PM
Not all all. His name is Jim Pixley and he does a really good job.

http://www.jpgrips.com

Sgt.Murtaugh
May 2, 2011, 06:15 PM
thanks. soon I will have a RO that looks just like yours

RevolvingGarbage
May 2, 2011, 09:45 PM
So according to the rules you have to be 21 to enter. I turned 21 in January, but the website will not accept my registration using my correct birthdate. I put down 1989 instead of 1990 to make it accept my registration.

My question is, if I were to win, would they likely deny me the prize based on the fact that I "falsified" the entry form, despite the fact that I actually do qualify?

InkEd
May 2, 2011, 11:40 PM
Yes. You will just have to use my information. Enter repeatedly. I promise to give you the gun if you win. Honest.

Sgt.Murtaugh
May 3, 2011, 11:11 AM
that's odd, revolvinggarbage. I would think they would have no choice but to award you a prize if you win, because you are in fact 21. that would be their fault, not yours

mustang_steve
May 3, 2011, 07:52 PM
My votes shall be cast.... votes everywhere....I want a hat dagnabbit!

....a pistol is fine too though. :)

Red Cent
May 3, 2011, 08:43 PM
Ran across this today. And from WV.

http://westvirginiawoodarts.com/Gungrips.html

pacerdude
May 3, 2011, 09:39 PM
Just registered, thanks for the info. To CraigC that is a great looking pistol!

CraigC
May 3, 2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks gents!

Patriotme
May 4, 2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the link. You rock!

milefile
May 4, 2011, 11:57 AM
Just saw this on GunsAmerica: http://springfieldduel.com/?ref=GA

Apparently you can vote as much as you want. Looks like I will be setting my cell phone alarm to go off every hour to remind me to vote - I want both of these guns, LOL. I shot my buddy's Range Officer the other day and it's a great out of the box 1911 with nice features. I know I won't win, but I will keep my fingers crossed anyway. Determination could pay off!!!
You copy cat! I only wish I could stay up all night and continue voting. I never win anything. But I'll still try.

hey_poolboy
May 4, 2011, 10:13 PM
I'd love to win one of the guns or win the whole thing and take them both.

I would even settle for one of the bags or a shirt.

All I can say is I am thankful for a smart phone. ;)

bbuddtec
May 4, 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks man, you get first dibs on the gun, I want the xd and mostly the shirt heheh

milefile
May 5, 2011, 01:12 PM
It is now asking me to confirm my vote by clicking on a picture. Anyone else?

dmancornell
May 5, 2011, 01:24 PM
It is now asking me to confirm my vote by clicking on a picture. Anyone else?

Same here. It's a good thing, it should stop people using macros to vote 24 times a day.

Charleo0192
May 5, 2011, 04:46 PM
Sometimes not being 21 sucks...

mustang_steve
May 5, 2011, 06:58 PM
Same, it's asking questions for me as well. It's to stop macro voters.

After all, any person with a Windows computer could automate their voting system.

I do wish they had an email-in vote option though. That way I could just fire off an email using hotmail from my phone every hour or so.

milefile
May 5, 2011, 07:02 PM
I'm just glad I have an iPhone. Vote. Set timer for 60 minutes. Repeat.

Ford4x4
May 6, 2011, 07:32 AM
So the deal is whoever votes the most wins? So basically I'm beat already... cause I have no smartphone and am already way behind in votes? Thats kind of a lame contest.

Oh well, pretty guns. Maybe I'll get a hat or tshirt or something.

doc.lonestar
May 6, 2011, 09:37 AM
person who voted the most???? lol who has that kind of time thru the day?

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield is giving away some guns!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!