Kowa Tsn-82sv eyepiece hood problem

PDA

clutch
May 2, 2011, 06:02 PM
I recently purchased a Kowa TSN-82SV based on inputs from many on this site. I bought the fixed EER eyepiece even though I really wanted the zoom eyepiece. I kept getting advice to go with the EER. I figured that was something learned from experience.

So I get the scope, take a look through it and notice my eye is held back a long ways, well it works w/o my glasses but with, that hood is way too long. Easy solution is to take out razor knife and trim. I really hate to carve on it since I can't put the material back on. In a perfect world, I'd find a part number and just buy a spare hood but my googling has come up empty.

So eyeglass wearers using this scope, what did you do? Taking the hood off risks my glasses hitting the eyepiece glass which is unacceptable.

Thanks,

Clutch

If you enjoyed reading about "Kowa Tsn-82sv eyepiece hood problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
steven58
May 3, 2011, 09:03 PM
I just roll the hood back on the eye piece as I allways have shooting glasses on at the range.

Works for me.

You could allways call Kowa and see if there are various size hoods or get an extra one and sand it down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kowa Tsn-82sv eyepiece hood problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!