A Way To Serve My Country?

PDA

Hawksnest
May 2, 2011, 08:49 PM
I've always wanted to join the military to serve my country, but I have Asperger's Syndrome (a mental disorder), which disqualifies me from service. Is there anything else that I could do? Doesn't have to be related to the military.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Way To Serve My Country?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shotgunjoel
May 2, 2011, 08:58 PM
Pay taxes and don't collect entitlements? That would be a great service, as it would help your country get out of this massive hole it's in.

CVA-66
May 2, 2011, 09:06 PM
and vote

towboat_er
May 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
Yep. Work, and be a good role model is a good thing to do for your country.

Nushif
May 2, 2011, 09:10 PM
Try some other agencies like the Red Cross, Peace Corps, some local Cop Shop ... anything like that is still a great service to the country. EMT, Firefighting ... that sort of thing maybe, too.

19-3Ben
May 2, 2011, 09:14 PM
Volunteer for Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/), VA, or some other program/service that serves those who have served us.

hso
May 2, 2011, 09:16 PM
Admirable, but not something we can help with.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Way To Serve My Country?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!