My new 1911 field holster

PDA

lawdawg506
May 5, 2011, 12:32 AM
I just wanted to show off my new holster for my 1911. I ordered it from Rocking K Saddlery. With shipping it was $93 with the border tooling and pig leather lining. Frank was awesome to deal with. I sent him an email inquiring about the holster and he called me within an hour to talk about it on the phone. I sent Frank the payment on April 21 and my holster arrived today.
If you are looking for a field type holster I highly recommend Frank.
www.rockingksaddlery.com

If you enjoyed reading about "My new 1911 field holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
IlikeSA
May 5, 2011, 02:58 PM
Looks nice! How does it carry?

lawdawg506
May 5, 2011, 04:43 PM
It rides good. I told him I would usually be wearing a standard 1.5" belt and not a gun belt so he sewed a tab in that would keep the holster from flopping around on the smaller belt. If I use a wider belt I just don't run it under the tab.

EVIL
May 5, 2011, 11:00 PM
nice! Is it tight enough w/o the retention strap?

lawdawg506
May 6, 2011, 01:04 AM
It's tight enough I don't think you'd have to worry about it just coming out.

AZ_Rebel
May 8, 2011, 10:20 PM
Nice workmanship... unfortunately, with the exposed trigger its a non-starter.

owlhoot
May 17, 2011, 11:47 PM
AZ Rebel, there is a leather strap between the hammer and the firing pin, and I assume the grip safety is functional; so what is the problem with an exposed trigger?

mljdeckard
May 17, 2011, 11:55 PM
I agree. I insist on a covered trigger for a CCW holster. For an open carry holster this one has plenty of safety.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new 1911 field holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!