J.M.Davis Gun Museum

PDA

Usmc-1
May 6, 2011, 05:16 PM
I have never been to this museum until today and I gotta say its well worth it! It has just about every Colt,S&W ,and you name it to any other firearms ever made , its truley a unique experience! Its located in Claremore,Ok , just outside of Tulsa ,Ok and the best part of it is , its free! Over 13,000 guns!!

http://www.thegunmuseum.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "J.M.Davis Gun Museum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
buck1032
May 7, 2011, 12:06 AM
Never heard of it but its looking like a trip to OK is in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

LHRGunslinger
May 7, 2011, 12:10 AM
Does the gift shop have an FFL?

AZ
May 7, 2011, 03:05 AM
Looking through their inventory it seams that have some cool stuff. That's a crazy looking rimfire from the depression.

Usmc-1
May 7, 2011, 09:21 AM
you guys might also be impressed with the "shoot out" we have every year in Wyandotte,OK
http://www.oklahomafullauto.com/

This is how we "roll" in Oklahoma , when the S_ _ _ hits the fan , Oklahoma will be ready to respond!

hanno
May 7, 2011, 11:06 AM
We were in OK last summer and stopped at the museum. Fantastic collection of firearms. I was extremely impressed and have recommended it to others many times

yhtomit
May 7, 2011, 11:47 AM
Wish I'd known about that place the two occasions that I visited OKC (found it more more inviting than I'd expected, too -- nice place!). Just let my relatives in Omaha know; my brother-in-law is a fan of both guns and museums. And they're the ones I used to visit there!

timothy

rondog
May 7, 2011, 12:41 PM
I was B&R in Enid, OK, and have been to that museum a few times myself, awesome place! I remember going to it as a kid, when it was still in the old hotel building. That hotel was a full block long, I think it was three stories tall, and chock-full of guns and other coolness. Seems to me like the third floor was where all the Winchesters were, the hallways were completely lined with them, and no two were alike. May have been the second floor, that was a long time ago.

Also, in OKC, there's the 45th Infantry museum. It's well worth visiting too. Oh, can't forget the Woolaroc museum near Bartlesville, it's very unique and a must-see.

If you enjoyed reading about "J.M.Davis Gun Museum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!