Got the 'itis

PDA

InkEd
May 7, 2011, 12:17 PM
I feel a case of new gun-itis coming on. And as you all know there is only one cure for it. A strong dose of new gun and lots of ammo. Don't know exactly what the prescription will be but have a feeling it'll be in a pistol caliber. Last time, I had a pretty serious case of gun-itis and it required a 5.5" Ruger Redhawk in .44mag to cure it. This one isn't as bas (yet) but I'm starting to get feverish.

Anyone else developing a case of season spring gun-itis? What do you think the "hospital" (gun store) will dispense to cure it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got the 'itis" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cambeul41
May 7, 2011, 07:32 PM
There is a very slim chance that Michigan will legalize college classroom carry. If that comes to be, I expect to get the itch for something more concealable than my XD-40 duty size. I am thinking of one of the small 9 mms.

gym
May 7, 2011, 08:52 PM
What do you want, I'll sell you one of mine, so far there is a 26, pf-9, and a slim. I am going the other way maybe a Saiga 12

Gottahaveone
May 8, 2011, 02:23 PM
What a coincidence, the next to last dose I got was cured by a stainless 5.5" Redhawk in .44mag as well. I also found that the Ruger cure wasn't permanent. The latest flare up was cured nicely by a XD-45 Tactical w/night sites.

I think I have found a correlation between the current level of disposable income and the symptoms returning......

buck460XVR
May 8, 2011, 03:03 PM
My last prescription consisted of a Ruger .44 also, but in the form of a 77/44 carbine. I got a bad case of "givin' my other 686 to my youngest son blues" and there's only one legitimate cure.

grumpy66
May 8, 2011, 11:56 PM
My latest trip to the "doctor" got me a prescription for an RIA1911 and monthly refills of .45acp ammo.

Nushif
May 9, 2011, 12:03 AM
Have you considered a .22 pistol for the 'itis? I hear a constant consumption on that one staves off the 'itis the longer you use it.

captain awesome
May 9, 2011, 03:38 AM
i have a bad recurring case of it. seems as soon as its cured. the itch starts up again and gets progressively worse as time goes on. right now the cure is a stainless 1911. more testing needs to be done to find out which variety though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got the 'itis" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!