Thigh holster for S&W 629

PDA

CGRifleman
May 7, 2011, 02:11 PM
Forgive the blasphemy of carrying a revolver in a tactical holster, but being a small guy I find it a little uncomfortabe to carry a gun that size on my belt. Does anyone know where I can find a thigh rig for a 629 Classic with a 5" barrel?

If you enjoyed reading about "Thigh holster for S&W 629" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
May 7, 2011, 05:44 PM
You think walking around with a belt holster is uncomfortable?

Wait until your 629 in a Tackycool thigh holster beats your leg black & blue for a while!!

rc

Remllez
May 7, 2011, 06:02 PM
You may attract much unwanted attention with that rig...you may want to get a smaller pistol to accommodate your needs. As rc stated it may beat you up a bit which may make you reluctant to carry.

GP100man
May 7, 2011, 07:18 PM
I vote bandolier style !!

Sunray
May 7, 2011, 11:23 PM
"...Wait until..." Yep. And that 44.3 oz. will make one leg shorter than the other too. Have you walking in circles.
Sounds like you need a better belt. The right belt makes a huge difference.

CGRifleman
May 8, 2011, 02:18 PM
Just to clarify, this is for a hunting sidearm, not just open carry, so unwanted attention isn't an issue. Also I routinely carried a Sig .40, baton and OC spray in a "tackycool" thigh rig while on watch for the last 2 years and it has yet to beat my leg black and blue.
GP100, the bandolier is a good suggestion but I prefer the drop down. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thigh holster for S&W 629" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!