24/7

PDA

bookman
January 13, 2004, 01:31 PM
Well Guys and Gals.
Went to my gun shop today and got to hold a Taurus 24/7 and boy did it feel great, it was two tone and in 9mm and the price out the door would have been 475.00. But I thought I would wait to see how they perform for others before buying…But just thought I would let you know THERE HERE…..

If you enjoyed reading about "24/7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
January 13, 2004, 03:24 PM
Interesting... Drop about 75 bucks off the ticket and it would be about right, I guess, for what it is.
I'd personally hold off them until they get some street cred.

bookman
January 13, 2004, 09:06 PM
George Hill

I agree,but it was nice...I was SSSSOOOO temted....:D :D :D :D

George Hill
January 13, 2004, 09:24 PM
Really? If the gun impressed you that much on the initial contact, maybe there is more to it than meets the camera's eye.
I'm not liking the "Ribbed for her Pleasure" grips, but I have to admit that on the revolvers, they do feel pretty good... especially when popping off hot loads.

I also have to admit that these guns look more impressive than the last 2 handgun platforms out of FN.

Maybe these are not all that bad after all... I'll give it the benefit of doubt... But the last Taurus auto I fired developed a crack in the frame after 500 rounds. Belonged to a friend of mine, and Taurus DID take care of him... but still.

Get one if you like, but I'm marking it with a "We Shall See" stamp.

Tamara
January 13, 2004, 10:57 PM
The one I fondled at SHOT last year had good ergos and a trigger that is light years better than that on the Millennium and Millennium Pro (its direct ancestors.)

I hope that this is the breakout gun that Taurus obviously hopes it will be...

P95Carry
January 13, 2004, 11:12 PM
Is that designation (24/7) a play on full time carry??

Anyone have a pic .. or link to all the spec info?? (OK, I'm lazy!).

Flashpoint
January 14, 2004, 12:18 AM
Here you go.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/148376/H_PT2479SS.jpg

P95Carry
January 14, 2004, 12:25 AM
Thx Flashpoint ... well, hmmm ..... seems a tad in the ''fugly'' category per P series and Tupperware ... but hey ... that would not reflect functionality and performance would it.

Next thing I guess is .. a full range report.

Grip seems a bit ''skinny'' to my eye!

Zundfolge
January 14, 2004, 12:26 AM
My American Rifleman came in the mail today with a picture of a 24/7 on the cover.

I must admit my interest is piqued .... but considering the PT145 fiasco I'm going to have to wait until several have been sold and hit the 1000 round mark before I consider one.

If it works, it will be an interesting addition to the market.

George Hill
January 14, 2004, 01:47 PM
Waiting for the "Out-Glocks the Glock" comment.

Correia
January 14, 2004, 03:14 PM
It out Glocks the Glock!

:D

There George, somebody had to do it.

Andrew Wyatt
January 14, 2004, 03:41 PM
it's a kel tec p11 with a longer barrel, light mount, and funny grips!

It out glocks the glock!

GunNut
January 14, 2004, 04:03 PM
:barf:

Pretty ugly, but to each his own.

I really don't care for the ribbed grip.

Steve

rock jock
January 14, 2004, 04:25 PM
I would ask the dealer to disassemble the gun and take a look at the inside. The few NIB Tauri that I seen looked from the internals like a team of monkeys did the finishing work and then put them together. I am a little more optimistic on their revolvers, but the SAs frankly have "cheap" written all over them.

tiberius
January 14, 2004, 05:05 PM
Waiting for the "Out-Glocks the Glock" comment.
I don't know about that, but I'm suprised that is so much more expensive than a Glock. Taurus is usually a price leader.

If you enjoyed reading about "24/7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!