LC9 500 round report

PDA

traveling1253
May 8, 2011, 10:20 PM
Have put 500 rounds through my new LC9 now, about 1/2 115gr FMJ Rem UMC and 1/2 Winchester 124gr NATO. The only hiccup so far was during the first 50 when I somehow got my clumsy thumb on the mag release and caused a failure to feed a new round. Still struggling to get used to the long DAO trigger but today at the gravel pit I was making Campbell's soup cans dance fairly consistently at 10-12 yds. I like the slim and sleek look and the way the Ruger feels in hand. Purchased an extra mag when I bought the gun, need to get a flat floorplate for it to match the first mag as the spare came with the pinky extension. Not a big fan of the extended finger grip thingy, I found I like the feel of the flush fitting mag better.
Still have to pick up some +p hollow point loads and see how it runs but I think the LC9 is a keeper. Don't mind the loaded chamber indicator, doesn't seem to get in the way of anything and doesn't interfere with the sights. Don't really care about the manual safety, don't plan to use it.

If you enjoyed reading about "LC9 500 round report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bestseller92
May 8, 2011, 10:46 PM
Sounds good. I wish they made it in stainless....

Smaug
May 8, 2011, 11:12 PM
Got any target pix, or were you just shooting at cans?

I'll be anxious to hear how it feeds the hollow points of your choice. I bet it will feed them fine, as long as they are mainstream. (If they're mainstream, Ruger probably tested them in the gun development stage of things)

traveling1253
May 8, 2011, 11:54 PM
Nope no pics, didn't save any paper as I couldn't put together any braggin' size groups. Poppin' cans is more fun than punching paper anyway :)

If you enjoyed reading about "LC9 500 round report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!