federal ammo customer service

PDA

fishshocker
May 11, 2011, 06:51 PM
I bought some federal shotshells, 3 inch BB non-toxic last year (the fourty bucks for 10 shells kind). When I went to use them later I noticed the crimps were poor and you could see shot (not good for a waterproof waterfowl load). It had been a few month since I bought them so I didn't mess with taking them back to the store I bought them at. I emailed Federal with the problem and they said mail it back to them and they would reimburse me for the ammo and shipping.

(shipping ammo is a pain in the butt)

It's been over two months now and I haven't heard from them. I've called numerous times and it always says leave a message. I leave message and they have never called back. I have emailed several more times with no reply. I can not get in contact with anyone there. I have been calling 1-800-831-0850.

I wish now I had just kept the shells.
Anyone know how to talk to a real person at Federal about this?

If you enjoyed reading about "federal ammo customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TH3180
May 11, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thatís interesting. About 9 months ago I bought 10 boxes of AE 9mm. Each box had a few missing, since I watched the guy at the counter crack a new case I knew it didnít happen at the store. I emailed Federal with the problem, after a few emails back and forth I had a box of 50 AEs on my doorstep. It took about a week from the first email. In total I was missing something like 30 rounds and they sent me 50. I just figured that was how they did things. Let us know how things turn out

fishshocker
May 22, 2011, 05:07 PM
9 weeks after mailing ammo back and about 15 un-returned phone calls and about 6 no reponse emails, I got a check from Federal.

It would have been fine taking that long if they would have just returned one phone call. Frustrating.... but done.

Viper
May 23, 2011, 06:11 PM
My experience was somewhat different. I had five boxes of the recalled 45 FMJ. I called CS and they said they would sent a UPS truck to pick up the recalled ammo, and ship the five new boxes. When the UPS truck arrived to pick up the recalled rounds, he also delivered the replacements.

toivo
May 23, 2011, 11:29 PM
A few years ago, I had some Federal AutoMatch .22LR that was from a bad lot -- about 20% underpowered rounds: not quite squibs, but they sounded different and had a different POI than the regular rounds. When I contacted Federal, they said to send them in and they would reimburse me. I sent in four of the bulk boxes (325 rounds per box), and they sent me nine boxes and a check to cover my shipping. It took about two weeks. I have no complaint about the way they treated me.

Here's the thing, though: The guy I dealt with on the phone told me that it was his last week, and that he was going to be retiring after 30+ years with Federal. I hope your bad experience isn't a sign of what to expect in the future.

tyeo098
May 24, 2011, 01:02 PM
Federal is great -- you just have to email them.

Last year I was bored out of my mind so I decided to count the rds in a 550 22lr box. (new)
Lo and behold there were only 467 rds in there. Rip Off!
I emailed Federal about it, just saying "hey, check your rd counts because I just counted one with 467 in a 550 box!"

They asked for my address and sent me a new 550 box for free! They said itll make up for all the rounds ill have missing in past, present and future boxes haha

If you enjoyed reading about "federal ammo customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!