Nevada Gun Leather for Unlisted Models -- Suggestions?

PDA

9mm+
May 12, 2011, 10:30 PM
I am looking at some IWB holsters for two pistols -- my Springfield XD40 and my Sig P238 (the latter I carry in the pocket, but I do want the option of carrying IWB) -- as well as a concealed carry purse for my wife. A friend of mine recommended that I look at Nevada Gun Leather, although he doesn't own any holsters from them but heard good things about their products.

I checked their website and there are no holster models for my two pistols but that they could source it if I specified the model. This gives me pause, so I thought I would toss it out for comments by the THR faithful who have bought from Nevada Gun Leather before.

My wife liked their purse and I also liked the shotgun slings, so we may be placing a big order with them. Any feedback on the company's products would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nevada Gun Leather for Unlisted Models -- Suggestions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrewsky
May 12, 2011, 11:04 PM
If I remember correctly, these are actually imported from South Africa.

9mm+
May 13, 2011, 01:23 AM
If I remember correctly, these are actually imported from South Africa.

Thanks, that explains why they could "get the model in" vs. "we can make it". Their prices look good, but I was looking for a good leathersmith for holsters and slings. Back to square one.

ants
May 13, 2011, 01:43 AM
'Nevada Gun Leather' is a nice older guy named Roger and his wife Linda. They are at local Las Vegas gun shows. He usually doesn't have much on hand, just what they carry in plastic storage bins in the back of their Astro van. They are honest and well regarded at gun shows.

I thought Roger said that he hand made the two holsters I bought from him several years ago - pocket holster for LCP and high-ride concealment holster for J-frame. Both are OK. I wouldn't say they're the best in the universe.

We have a gun show on Saturday. I'll ask him where the holsters & belts are made. Do you want me to ask specific questions about XD-40 (3, 4 or 5 inch) and 238?

9mm+
May 15, 2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks, ants! I thought I had responded to this, but it looks like I didn't. The guns I'm looking for holsters are the XD40 in 4" and the 238. I suppose I'm too late in responding since the gun show was yesterday, but thanks anyway!

If you enjoyed reading about "Nevada Gun Leather for Unlisted Models -- Suggestions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!