hk gritty trigger?

PDA

thefamcnaj
May 13, 2011, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, I just got my hk usp 40 refinished (the slide was ceracoated black) and the firing pen spring replaced. I took it to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it, and came home and cleaned it. Upon reassembling the gun, I dry fired it DA and the trigger felt gritty, I don't know how to describe it felt like sand in there almost. I've never noticed this before. Is there something i can do to remedy this problem, or does it need to go to a smithy? I've taken this gun down and cleaned it numerous times, and never noticed so I don't think its something I've done. Any thoughts? T-I-A for any help

If you enjoyed reading about "hk gritty trigger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zerodefect
May 14, 2011, 01:21 AM
Detail strip it and completely clean all parts and be sure to grease them good.

Hk Dan
May 14, 2011, 03:48 PM
Nah, it'll shoot in fine. They are always gritty when they are new (and yours basically is). I thought it was the trigger bar that caused it, but it could be the firing pin...

If you enjoyed reading about "hk gritty trigger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!