Alloy Commander

PDA

MtrCty
January 13, 2004, 09:33 PM
I just saw a used alloy frame Commander at a local gun store for $475.00. I need some feedback on this. I'm in the market for one , but not sure about the alloy. what should I check for? Thanks!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Alloy Commander" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stans
January 14, 2004, 07:06 AM
Check the frame for cracks where the dust cover meets the rails and around the slide stop pin hole. Look for excessive wear and a lack of anodizing on the frame rails. Look for gouging of the frame feed ramp. $475 sounds like a good price, unless the gun is excessively worn. Aluminum frame 1911 pattern guns have a reputation for lasting 15,000 to 30,000 rounds, some go longer, some don't. I think Kimber puts a 20,000 round warranty on their aluminum frames.

JohnBT
January 14, 2004, 09:25 AM
The old Kimber catalog I have says they tested them to 20,000 rounds with no 'measurable wear'.

JT

stans
January 14, 2004, 12:57 PM
My bad, it was not a statement of warranty, just test results.

Smoke
January 14, 2004, 02:37 PM
Good price if its in decent shape.

Hard to find a alloy Commander around here. They don't sit in the shops long.

Smoke

If you enjoyed reading about "Alloy Commander" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!