Galco SkyOps

PDA

Jakemedic
May 16, 2011, 07:12 AM
Greetings!

With summer here fast approaching, I find myself again looking for that perfect holster. I find myself carrying in a fanny pack or thunderware holster. I would like to carry my Sig 229 with a tucked in, squared away look (my shirt). I wear polo's, dress shirts and sometimes tee shirts. I have been a fan of Galco for sometime and am wondering if anyone has "real world" experience with the SkyOps holster. I searched over the weekend and couldn't find a whole lot regarding this holster, but alot about the Super Tuck, Alessi, Tucker and others. I may end up getting one of these fine holsters but before I order, I thought I would check.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, I sincerely appreciate it!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Galco SkyOps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gig 'em
May 17, 2011, 04:41 PM
I tried one a little while ago and came away disappointed. The fit and finish were what you would expect from Galco, but the Y-clip was less than desirable. The idea is great, but my xd never felt really secure. FYI, that is with a good leather gun belt. Also, the standard Y-clip is a 1.25" clip. You will have to buy a new one for other belt widths. (About $15 last time I saw one.) I have read that other people like the skyops, but it just wasn't for me. This was my experience, YMMV. Best of luck to you.
-Gig 'em-

If you enjoyed reading about "Galco SkyOps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!