got a lc9

PDA

johnnylaw53
May 16, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well even thought I have stated in the pass that when I went back to .38 snub nose for off duty carry 4 years ago I was finish with trying to fine a small auto since I seem to always have problems with them. Yesterday I got a ruger LC9, seem to be the right time to try it again. Went to the range today, no problem with the operation nor accuracy of the weapon. I did notice the rear sigh came very loose. I called Ruger and they suggested I take the sight screw out and clean it and maybe use a little loctite on the screw. The lady I talked to was very nice it just I don't know if I want to try and fix it. Thinking of just selling it and this time for sure never looking back and stick to the snub nose. I know I will lose some money but I still have to buy a holster and another two magazines for the LC9 if I'm going to use it also for a backup as we have to pass the course at the department which requier two reloads so I will need two magazines. If the loctite don't work or maybe some other problem come up then I'm out of that money too. Have anyone that own one have problem with the rear sight?

be safe

If you enjoyed reading about "got a lc9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
franko07
May 16, 2011, 06:00 PM
where are you located? i might be interested in "helping". shoot me a pm

PX15
May 16, 2011, 06:26 PM
FWIW:

I love my LC9... Loc-Tite should solve the rear sight issue, but better yet buy a Crimson Trace Laser for it, and forget about the factory sights.

Crimson Trace has a laser for the LC9, and in May and June they have a $50 rebate if you buy one. I think the final cost will be around $129.00 after rebate.

I have a CT on my LCP and love it.:D

Best Wishes,

jesse

traveling1253
May 16, 2011, 07:00 PM
Try locktite on the sight screw. I've put 500 rounds through my LC9, only issue was during the first 50 when I hit the mag release with my clumsy thumb. All has been well since adjusting my grip.

BamAlmighty
May 16, 2011, 07:35 PM
thought about buying a LC9, but it is ridiculous Ruger only included 1 magazine.

I can do without the useless crappy case they included. A gun of this type should come from the factory with minimum 2 magazines.

usmarine0352_2005
May 16, 2011, 07:47 PM

Everyone's only sending 1 magazine and it sucks.

I bought a new Sig Sauer and a new SW Bodyguard and both only came with 1 magazine, I was upset.

BamAlmighty
May 16, 2011, 11:14 PM
every gun I've bought in the last year came with at least 2.

Smaug
May 16, 2011, 11:43 PM
+1 on the Crimson Trace. Makes the gun loads more accurate.

I'm a little surprised you don't want to bother re-inserting a screw with Loctite. It isn't that much work, you know.

If you enjoyed reading about "got a lc9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!