Accurate factory 9mm ammunition

PDA

Dick Jones
May 16, 2011, 07:23 PM
I have an asignment to shoot the Bianchi Cup for Gun Week. I've been shooting 9mm 124 grain Remington and 115 Winchester that was given to me to shoot and pracitce. I get reasonable groups but I'm wondering? Will I gain substantial accuracy from another 9mm round?

What should I chose?

Dick Jones

If you enjoyed reading about "Accurate factory 9mm ammunition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cookie45
May 16, 2011, 10:22 PM
In my 1911 style pistols [S'field and Colt] I've been getting my best accuracy with Fiochhi 147 gr., even better than with the factory "match" ammo I have. In the Browning HP's and Glock 17L, 124 gr Remington Match [do they still make it?] and 124 gr Match from Atlanta Arms and Ammo give the best accuracy. Good luck!!!

The Lone Haranguer
May 17, 2011, 07:49 AM
147-gr. JHPs have a good reputation for accuracy, as well as Federal's "Classic" 115-gr. JHP (popularly known by its stocking number, 9BP). JHPs, in general, are more accurate than FMJ ball.

If you enjoyed reading about "Accurate factory 9mm ammunition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!