Walther P-5 or H&K P-7

PDA

blazer610
January 14, 2004, 02:01 AM
I don't think you could go wrong with either. Just curious as to which you would pick if forced to choose between them and why.

Thanks,
Larry

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P-5 or H&K P-7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratz2
January 14, 2004, 09:22 AM
I've only handled and dry-fired a P5. Nice gun, but pretty down on the last of guns I'd like to buy anytime soon.

The P7 is probably about third or fourth down and even then only because of cost... Price being equal, it's probably the next handgun I'd like to buy.

Tamara
January 14, 2004, 09:28 AM
P7.

Very good trigger, low bore axis, super flat. Maybe the best single-stack CCW nine ever made.

garrettwc
January 14, 2004, 10:11 AM
I agree completely with Tamara's comments. I am a Walther fan, but given the choice I would take the P7 any day.

gvass
January 14, 2004, 10:50 AM
BOTH!!!

Sean Smith
January 14, 2004, 11:29 AM
No knock on the Walther, but I'd take the P7 too. Though I've got to say that the 2 P7 triggers I've tried weren't very good... light, sure, but spongy.

Slowhand
January 14, 2004, 12:25 PM
I'd take the P7 with the caveat that's it's kind of an oddball, and requires some practice. I'm not a big fan of the trigger, my M8 is a bit spongy, although Teddy Jacobsen says he can take that out and crisp it up. The other thing that's a bit of a nuisance is that the gun is very butt heavy and has a short barrel. You need a well deisgned holster to carry this gun. An Uncle Mike's ain't gonna cut it.

tc300mag1
January 14, 2004, 12:53 PM
Id Take the p-7

hksw
January 14, 2004, 01:09 PM
I chose the P7 as it is thinner and more robustly made, IMO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P-5 or H&K P-7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!