Where do you SELL most of your firearms (second try)

PDA

Cosmoline
January 26, 2003, 01:40 PM
Ignore the other one. Hit the key before I posted.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do you SELL most of your firearms (second try)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 26, 2003, 01:46 PM
I never sell my firearms. It would be like parting with a part of myself. I sold a twenty-two once and it damn near broke my heart. I will never do it again!

I will never sell!!

Cosmoline
January 26, 2003, 01:48 PM
Shoot! I forgot to put an "I never sell" option down. I can't seem to edit it now.

Blackhawk
January 26, 2003, 01:53 PM
Sell? Why would I want to do that? :confused:

PlayTheAces
January 26, 2003, 01:59 PM
Sell? Hurts to even think of it!

Greg L
January 26, 2003, 02:00 PM
What's a "sell" :confused:

:D

Greg

HS/LD
January 26, 2003, 02:06 PM
I have sold one gun and I am still pissed off about it.

A Ruger Redhawk .44magnum.

Damn it now I am angry again....:mad:

NEVER AGAIN!

HS/LD

Mike Irwin
January 26, 2003, 02:11 PM
Sell?

Vat is dis sell think of vich you speek?

1badmagnum
January 26, 2003, 02:15 PM
best to find a friend looking for a firearm,the gun shows and shops are about as good as pawn shops.give you about 10% of the real value,I'd rather just keep the firearm.
I just make sure I'm buying a quality gun which will last.

JG
January 26, 2003, 02:28 PM
Some prebans went on consignment awhile back, because the locals pay out the nose for them. I sold a few of them out of state as well. To this day I regret selling 2 guns (a NIB blue label Gov't carbine and a NIB 16' FNC Para).

Other than that, I have bought and sold countless postban rifles/pistols via the internet.

goon
January 26, 2003, 02:37 PM
I generally sell them over the net if I can.
Since I only sell one when I want another one more, I do occassionally trade one toward another.
I have also done private sale before, but I no longer do because according to my big book of gun laws that came with my C&R, it is no longer legal.
I wish I could get a concrete answer on that one. The PSP website says it is legal, but every cop I ask says it isn't.
The dealers say it is legal, but the book says no.
I just wish they would make their minds up.

echo3mike
January 26, 2003, 04:24 PM
Hmm.. sold a Century Arms International M1 and a handgun on Gun Broker (http://www.gunbroker.com) , an M1A on TFL... The M1 was a travesty masquerading as a vintage rifle, the M1A was an expensive lie: it would have cost 10 times the amount I paid for a 12 year old hunting rifle to equal said hunting rifle's accuracy.

I kinda regret selling the handgun, a Sig P228. Great little shooter, and accurate as all get-out. But I already have an accurate HG (an H&K USP9) that I never use... didn't feel the need for more at the time. Mild regret.

S.

Schuey2002
January 26, 2003, 04:29 PM
Local gun shops.

But, I make it a policy to buy something to replace what I just sold. :D

coonan357
January 26, 2003, 06:34 PM
only had to sell one gun and that was to help pay bills when I was unemployed and the dealer would have rather loan me the money ( hes a good friend ) than rather to sell it , but it was only a gp161 ( blued gp-100 6" ) so I could always get another one , it was sold later in the same day to someone looking for there first pistol , the guy got a good deal since it was already broken in right . :)

ENC
January 26, 2003, 08:32 PM
I voted for in the trunk in the 'hood.

I have only sold two because I couldn't get used to that dang mosseberg safety and a lever gun that I only bought to get a better deal on my officers model.

Both guns I just put the word out to freinds and such. Both were gone in a week.

In general I don't sell them. I would never sell a gun I really wanted. I usually research my buys before I make them.

TheeBadOne
January 26, 2003, 08:55 PM
Never sell, rarely trade.

4v50 Gary
January 26, 2003, 09:11 PM
Like Mike or ThreeBadOne, I rarely sell (only sold 1 gun in my life) but I've given away a few.

WhoKnowsWho
January 27, 2003, 12:21 AM
I am a pack rat. I am going to try my hardest to never get trapped in a corner where I will have to sell a gun. I have tons of other stuff I could sell first anyways, but all of that stuff has been hard to peel away from me too. I bought it to shoot it, clean it, and look at it. Not to sell it. :neener:

Blueduck
January 27, 2003, 12:56 AM
Guess I'm the guy selling all the guns on the net then:o

With no ranges or shops that rent near and few friends into firearms "Selling one to buy one" is about the only economically feasable way I've found to try a lot of pistols.

Made a few blunders on guns I wish I would have kept, more often bought WAY too high and sold way too low, but no biggie, just part of the game :)

sixgun_symphony
January 27, 2003, 01:21 AM
Pawnshops

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do you SELL most of your firearms (second try)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!