Glock 21/21c or Glock 30

PDA

Highland Ranger
January 14, 2004, 10:37 AM
Have two purchase permits on the way in an attempt to stock up on handguns before the SMARTGUN law takes effect (for those of you living in free states, here in the PRNJ we need to get a permit for every handgun we purchase) . .

Time to get a Glock - looking at the 21/21c (compensated) and the 30.

Q: If the AWB sunsets, will I be able to swap out the 10 round mag in the 21/21c for a 13 round mag? i.e. is it the same gun?

Q: Does anyone have experience with the compensated versions - worth it?

Looks like the 30 is a well liked design; accurate, compact and with 10 rounds to boot.

Second permit will most likely go for a Mil Spec 1911, or a HK USP in 45

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 21/21c or Glock 30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bill Hook
January 14, 2004, 11:56 AM
I have a 20 with porting, and don't feel the C version is worthwhile, particularly b/c it's A) LOUD and B) has some flash that could hinder night vision and make it hazardous to deploy in some situations.

As to 13 rounders, I don't know, since PRNJ law would be what you need to worry about.

I like the 30 quite well the few times I've fired it and would get it before a 21, esp. since it holds the max amount of ammo you can carry in current manufacture mags and is a comfortable gun to shoot, recoil speaking.

gabeodog
January 14, 2004, 12:00 PM
I have a 31C and love it.
The comp is just a little bell and whistle.
Just remember that if you get a comp, you can always buy a non comp barrel for later use.

Highland Ranger
January 15, 2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks - Davidson's got some 30's in, I think I'll go with that; if it turns out I like Glocks, can always go and buy one after the AWB sunsets and get the full cap mag.

Baba Louie
January 15, 2004, 08:10 PM
Get the 30 and see if you can buy a couple of +2 magazine bases to install once the hi-cap restriction thing sunsets. That way you can carry 12+1 if you so choose.
The 30 feels just right for a .45. 10 +1 rounds is better than 7 and with 1 extra mag, whether its w/ the +2 or not, is still 21 rounds.
But the 21... ahhhh, the Big Easy :) a joy to shoot.
Both good, one just a bit better (IMO) due to size.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 21/21c or Glock 30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!