Any Whitney Wolverine fans around?

PDA

woad_yurt
May 21, 2011, 11:43 AM
I thought I'd give a great pistol its due. I've shot quite a few .22 semis and still haven't found one that holds a candle to an ol' Wolverine.* Anyone else feel the same way? Who owns one? Got pictures? Impressions?

* The originals, not the new plastic ones!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/woad_yurt/2Wolverines01.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Whitney Wolverine fans around?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
May 21, 2011, 06:54 PM
I owned two of them and stupidly sold both.
One was excellent in the original box, complete with the Alcoa Aluminum sticker on the bottom of the box, the other was missing parts so i rebuilt it.

They were extremely accurate and reliable, and had an astoundingly fast action.
In fact, J.F. Galef who was the sold retailer wanted to re-name it "The Lightning".

There was a company about 5 years ago who announced they were going to reproduce it in the original aluminum form, but that fell through.
Olympic Arms seems to have managed to botch up the current version.
How they managed to do that is a mystery, because the Whitney had possibly the best designed magazine ever made for a .22 auto.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Whitney Wolverine fans around?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!