I had the worst dream last night...

PDA

briney11
May 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
So I am digging in my back yard (why, I have no idea) when all of the sudden I dig up an old ammo can. When I open it there inside sealed in plastic and in perfect condition is the most beautiful WWII era 1911 that you could imagine. The only problem was that it was chambered in some wierd caliber that is not made anymore so I couldn't shoot it. NICE!!! Then I woke up.

If you enjoyed reading about "I had the worst dream last night..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ruger44mag
May 21, 2011, 03:10 PM
I had a gun dream the other day. Except that someone told me I needed to replace the worn out springs on my gun. I that morning I got up thinking I had to replace all those parts lol. After a little bit I realized it was only a dream.

BTW too bad your dream ended :)

mgmorden
May 21, 2011, 03:27 PM
Guns rarely work in dreams when I need them. I think double-action trigger pulls have caused some sort of complex on me, but when I pickup a gun in a dream usually the trigger is either too heavy or I keep pulling it back and it just won't break.

Either that, or in a similar vein to yours, I'll pick it up empty, and when I'm trying to load it I find boxes and boxes of the wrong ammo but nothing that fits the gun.

A while back I had a Charles Daly Maxi-Mag pump (that I no longer own) that I took duck hunting and this sort of happened for real. The gun misfired (light primer strike) on the round in the chamber as a wood duck was passing and I kept pulling on the trigger with nothing happening.

Having had that happen so many times in dreams, when it happened this I was so mad that I cam within an inch of tossing that gun overboard :).

JoeMal
May 21, 2011, 03:32 PM
I recently acquired a new .45ACP. That night, the wife had a dream that our house was broken into and she had the gun but couldn't save us because we didn't have any ammo for it (Which in real life we have some). When we woke up the next morning she told me to go buy more ammo so it wouldn't happen again :)

I rarely have dreams that I remember...let alone about guns.

9MMare
May 21, 2011, 04:12 PM
Guns rarely work in dreams when I need them. I think double-action trigger pulls have caused some sort of complex on me, but when I pickup a gun in a dream usually the trigger is either too heavy or I keep pulling it back and it just won't break.

Guns always work in my dreams and I am a perfect shot! ;)

dovedescending
May 21, 2011, 04:15 PM

Either that, or in a similar vein to yours, I'll pick it up empty, and when I'm trying to load it I find boxes and boxes of the wrong ammo but nothing that fits the gun.

A while back I had a Charles Daly Maxi-Mag pump (that I no longer own) that I took duck hunting and this sort of happened for real. The gun misfired (light primer strike) on the round in the chamber as a wood duck was passing and I kept pulling on the trigger with nothing happening.

Having had that happen so many times in dreams, when it happened this I was so mad that I cam within an inch of tossing that gun overboard :).
Guns never work for me in dreams either. The triggers usually refuse to budge, or the grip swells in my hand, making it impossible for me to hold.

bannockburn
May 21, 2011, 05:11 PM
Usually in my dreams, the guns work just fine but the BG doesn't go down. I know I'm on target but they just keep on coming towards me. At that point I kind of realize in my dream that it is just a dream mainly because the situation isn't going according to what I think the reality should be.

hermannr
May 21, 2011, 06:53 PM
Perfect nightmare, except for real. Hunting season, I am on my way out the door on a business trip, you know, in a suit and all...look outside and there under our apple tree is this huge 4 point Blacktail buck (that is an 8 or 10 point to the whitetail crowd) that weighed maybe 250 lbs (weighed 143 lbs hanging, my buddy did shoot it).

I walk into our bedroom, take out my hunting rifle, put the crosshairs on his chest (maybe 30 yards), and then put the safety back on. What am I doing, I am in a suit, 2 hours from checkin at the airport and 3 hours from my flight... and we live two hours drive from the airport (on a good traffic day). Put the rifle away, call my buddy up and tell him to come over and bag himself a nice buck, get in the car and leave.

If you enjoyed reading about "I had the worst dream last night..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!