Wolf .45 in an EAA Witness?

PDA

Joshua Hutchison
January 14, 2004, 01:53 PM
is it okay?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf .45 in an EAA Witness?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fatboyclone
January 14, 2004, 02:12 PM
i only shoot wolf out of guns that I dont care about, which means none of mine :evil:. i have seen too many failures because of the laqured case.

Walt Sherrill
January 14, 2004, 02:45 PM
It'll probably be OK, but...

I did a survey here (on THR) a while back, and roughly a third of those who shot Wolf loved it and swore by it, and the remainder had big problems (ranging from stuck casings to broken extractors) and swore at it. That's not a good ratio, from my perspective.

You might not have big problems.

Like others, I won't use it. Its not THAT cheap.

Joshua Hutchison
January 14, 2004, 03:26 PM
:) just curious, thanks for responding.

stans
January 14, 2004, 06:07 PM
I think Wolf recently changed the coating on the casings so they are not supposed to leave any of the coating in the chamber. I have not tried any steel cased ammo in anything except my SKS.

plateshooter
January 14, 2004, 09:03 PM
I use Wolf 45 in my Witness and have no problems with it.

Longbow
January 14, 2004, 10:03 PM
I used Wolf on my 1911 and it broke the extractor, and so as my buddy's 1911. :mad:
I use their 9mm on my Glock 17 with no problem though.:)

RWK
January 15, 2004, 01:48 PM
If you check the THR and TFL archives, you will find many threads regarding Wolf ammunition -- and many documented accounts of problems resulting from its use.

Brad Johnson
January 15, 2004, 02:07 PM
If you check the THR and TFL archives, you will find many threads regarding Wolf ammunition -- and many documented accounts of problems resulting from its use.

...along with just as many documented accounts of people who have no problems with it at all.

Buy a couple of boxes and try it. If you have no functional probles, buy a boatload and blaze away.

Brad

p.s. - I thought the admins had installed a special Forum feature that would issue a 1 million volt shock to anyone who typed in the word "Wol.. ZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTT!!! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/shock7.gif

RWK
January 15, 2004, 05:25 PM
Let's presume you are correct and the "favorable to adverse" comment ratio re Wolf ammunition approximates 1:1. I'd be willing to wager that the ratio for Federal American Eagle, Winchester USA/White Box, S&B, Fiocchi, and other inexpensive, QUALITY brands is at least 25:1 towards "favorable". With at least 50 percent of the TFL, THR, Shooterville, and other forum comments unfavorable, I choose not to risk an always >$400 -- and sometimes >$1000 -- firearm with Wolf.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf .45 in an EAA Witness?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!